Cooking with Stella
|Cooking with Stella|
Movie poster for Cooking with Stella.
|Directed by||Dilip Mehta|
|Written by||Deepa Mehta
Cooking with Stella is a film written by siblings Deepa Mehta and Dilip Mehta. The film is a light comedy about a Canadian diplomat (played by Lisa Ray) and her husband (Don McKellar) living in New Delhi, and their cook, Stella (Seema Biswas). Tamil actress Shriya Saran and Tamil/Telugu Trisha Krishnan make a special appearance. Cooking with Stella was shot on location in New Delhi, and entered post-production in May 2008. It premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival on 16 September 2009. The film was also nominated at London Asian Film Festival under Best Crossover film category and Best actress for Seema Biswas.
When a Canadian diplomat and her chef husband move into the Canadian embassy in Delhi they threaten to derail the schemes of the longtime cook Stella (Seema Biswas) who has been skimming off the top for years.
- Mongrel Media DVD, 2010.
- Susan Walker, Filmmaker Dilip Mehta finds hope in telling widows' stories, thestar.com, 22 April 2008. Retrieved on 23 July 2008.
- Roman Pawlyshyn, Powerful South Asian stories shine a light on dark places, thestar.com, 8 May 2008. Retrieved on 23 July 2008.
- Shreya's new flick, Deccan Herald, 13 March 2008. Retrieved on 23 July 2008.
- Devansh Patel, "My dream is to go international with B.R. Films" - Sanjay Bhutiani, bollywood hungama, 21 May 2008. Retrieved on 23 July 2008.
- "LONDON ASIAN FILM FESTIVAL AWARDS". Puneinternationfilmfestival.com. Retrieved 09-10-2011. Check date values in:
- Cooking with Stella at the Internet Movie Database
- Official Site
- Toronto International Film Festival premiere (16 September 2009)
- Seema Biswas to do a comedy for Deepa Mehta, 27 December 2007
- Shreya's learning experience with Deepa, 10 July 2008
|This film article about a 2000s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|