This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||TYO: 2193|
|Founded||Kanagawa, Japan (1997)|
(Founder & CEO)
|Revenue||JPY 3,263 million (FY 2010)|
|JPY 1,626 million (FY 2010)|
|JPY 847 million (FY 2010)|
|Total assets||JPY 4,508 million (FY 2010)|
|Total equity||JPY 3,479 million (FY 2010)|
|Website||English corporate website|
Cookpad Inc. (TYO: 2193) is a food tech company. At the moment, there is only one product, “Cookpad”, a recipe sharing platform. The company operates "Cookpad" which is Japan’s largest recipe sharing service, with 60 million monthly unique users in Japan and 40 million monthly unique users globally, allowing visitors to upload and search through original, user-created recipes. The firm established its global headquarters in Bristol, UK, and is expanding its business into international markets with offices in the UK, Spain, Indonesia, Lebanon, Brazil, India, Taiwan, Hungary, Greece, Russia and elsewhere. It went public on the Tokyo Stock Exchange in July 2009. As of December 2018, Cookpad had more than 5 million registered recipes.
- October 1997: Coin Ltd. established (The predecessor to COOKPAD Inc.)
- March 1998: Launched “Kitchen@coin” as a sharing service for cooking
- June 1999: Changed the service name to “COOKPAD”
- March 2002: Started advertising business
- September 2004: Launched premium service business
- September 2006: Launched the mobile service “MOBAREPI”
- November 2008: Launched MOBAREPI’s premium service
- July 2009: Listed on TSE Mothers
- March 2010: Opened an office in California, USA
- May 2011: Opened an office in Singapore
- "COOKPAD FY2010 earnings results" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on May 12, 2013. Retrieved June 14, 2011.
- Toto, Serkan (June 12, 2009). "A Recipe Site Goes IPO, In Japan (Cookpad)". Tech Crunch.
- "クックパッド、投稿レシピ数が世界500万品を突破！〜海外進出を加速、マレーシアが新たに加わり70カ国でサービスを展開〜". December 20, 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cookpad.|