|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type of business||Privately Held|
Type of site
|Headquarters||New Delhi, India|
|Services||MBA Jobs, Community, Knowledge|
|Slogan(s)||India's Leading MBA Community Portal|
|Alexa rank||57,129 (April 2014[update])|
CoolAvenues.com is a website in India whose audience is people interested in getting an MBA, current business school students, and MBA alumni. CoolAvenues.com's main feature has been its coverage of the placement processes of IIMs (Indian Institutes of Management) and other business schools, as published by Business Today and Mint.
CoolAvenues.com was started in the year 2000 by three IIM and IIT alumni in order to tap the market of passive MBA job seekers in India during the Internet dotcom boom. The site became visible in Indian internet space in 2000–2001 when it focused on placement surveys in highly ranked Indian business schools. its MBA recruitment trend data were widely reported, including by Zee News, CNN, Business Today, and Newsweek During its early phase, it tried to raise venture capital funding, but could not due to the dotcom bubble bust. After the bust, it abandoned its plan of fundraising and focused on revenue generation and building its brand. It entered into the executive search market, and expanded its operation to become a job board as well. The founding team of CoolAvenues.com left the firm at the end of 2002.
Present scenario & business model
CoolAvenues.com has a job board focused on jobs requiring an MBA, and serves a wide range of corporate clients, including Cap Gemini, Deloitte, Accenture, Quardangle (Naukri.com), and Mahindra & Mahindra.
CoolAvenues MBA placement surveys
In 2000, CoolAvenues.com released its Placement Survey, which was jointly published by Business Today. This relationship continued for eight years, with Business Today publishing jointly-branded BT-CoolAvenues.com Placements Surveys from 2000 to 2007. Mint, a Hindustan Times and Wall Street Journal initiative, published the CoolAvenues Placement Survey in 2007, 2008, 2009 2010 and 2011.
- "Coolavenues.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- TESSY KOSHY (TESSY_KOSHY@YAHOO.COM) (3 September 2009). "A COOL MANAGEMENT SITE : Telegraph India – A leading Indian Newspaper, published on 3rd September 2009". Telegraph India. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "CoolAvenues Articles Published on Mint – A Hindustan Times – Wall Street Journal Initiative". Livemint.com. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- Telegraph article published on 22 April 2010
- "Coolavenues.com on the job". The Financial Express. 5 March 2000. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "www.coolavenues.com – How to net a job". The Hindu. India. 24 September 2000. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- Karen Breslau (29 April 2001). "Looking Beyond The Dot Bomb- Newsweek/CoolAvenues.com". Newsweek. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "Coolavenues.com to put 20% equity on the block : Indian Express". The Indian Express. 22 March 2000. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "Annus Horribilis | Placements 2002 : The BT-Cool Avenues Campus Hustings – Business Today". Archives.digitaltoday.in. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "Raiders Of The New Arc : Placements 2003 :A BT-Coolavenues.com study – Business Today". Archives.digitaltoday.in. 13 April 2003. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- E. Kumar Sharma (6 June 2004). "The Year of Comeback : Placements 2004 : A BT-CoolAvenues Study- Business Today". Archives.digitaltoday.in. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "A Sign Of The Times : A BT-Coolavenues.com study : Placements 2006 – Business Today". Archives.digitaltoday.in. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- A BT-Coolavenues.com study. (6 May 2007). "Sold on India : Placements 2007 :A BT-Coolavenues.com study- Business Today". Archives.digitaltoday.in. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "MBA Placements 2007 : LiveMint Report : CoolAvenues Placements 2007 Survey" (PDF). Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "MBA Placements 2008 : LiveMint Report : CoolAvenues Placements 2008 Survey" (PDF). Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "CoolAvenues Placements 2009 MBA Survey". LiveMint. 15 May 2009. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "MBA Placements 2009 : LiveMint Report : CoolAvenues Placements 2009 Survey" (PDF). Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "MBA Placements 2010 : LiveMint Report : CoolAvenues Placements 2010 Survey". Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "MBA Placements 2011 : B-Schools | A placement report card : CoolAvenues Placements 2011 Survey". Livemint.com. 22 April 2011. Retrieved 17 January 2012.