Cool Kids (album)
|Studio album by|
|Released||March 7, 1983|
|Genre||Glam metal, hard rock|
Cool Kids is the second studio album by the glam metal band Kix. It was released in 1983 on Atlantic Records. It is the only Kix album to feature Brad Divens of Wrathchild America and Souls at Zero on guitar.
Cool Kids reached position #177 on the Billboard charts. It showcases a slightly more commercial side of the band and started the band's trend of including material written by outside songwriters, which then continued on all of their following studio albums.
"Body Talk" was the first single to be released off of the album and one of the album's three cover songs. First released as "(She Talks) Body Talk" from the 1981 Body Talk Muzik album by Nick Gilder, and written by Nick "Hot Child in the City" Gilder and James Herndon, it was believed to have been included to appease the group's label (citation needed). The band was also urged to shoot a video for the song, which featured the Kix members cavorting with ladies in full-on workout garb.
The album also included the Spider cover Burning Love, written by hit songwriter and Device member Holly Knight (Heart, Cheap Trick) and Spider and Shanghai singer Amanda Blue, and the title track Cool Kids, a cover of a Franne Golde song from the 1980 album Restless, written by Golde with producer Peter McIan and Billy Steele.
- "Burning Love" (Blue, Knight) – 3:07
- "Cool Kids" (Golde, McIan, Steele) – 3:28
- "Love Pollution" (Whiteman, Forsythe) – 4:04
- "Body Talk" (Gilder, Herndon) – 3:39
- "Loco-Emotion" (Purnell) – 3:30
- "Mighty Mouth" (Purnell) – 3:43
- "Nice on Ice" (Purnell) – 3:25
- "Get Your Monkeys Out" (Purnell) – 3:20
- "For Shame" (Purnell) – 3:11
- "Restless Blood" (Purnell, Whiteman, Forsythe, Chalfant, Divens) – 3:50
- Steve Whiteman – lead vocals, harmonica, saxophone
- Brad Divens – guitars, backing vocals, talk box
- Brian "Damage" Forsythe – guitars
- Donnie Purnell – bass, backing vocals, keyboards, co-lead vocals on "Body Talk"
- Jimmy "Chocolate" Chalfant – drums, backing vocals, percussion, co-lead vocals on "Body Talk"
- Lynn Dreese Breslin – Art Direction
- Mike Fuller – Mastering
- David Michael Kennedy – Photography
- Steve Klein – Engineer, Mixing
- Jim Sessody – Assistant Engineer
- Peter Solley – Producer