Cool and Crazy is an album by American jazz trumpeter, composer and arranger Shorty Rogers originally released by RCA Victor in 1953 as a 10-inch LP.
Allmusic noted "Rogers shows a deft hand throughout, managing to make his complex and varied material sound seamless and eminently swinging. ...A classic from the '50s big-band era".
All compositions by Shorty Rogers.
- "Coop de Graas" - 2:58
- "Infinity Promenade" - 3:36
- "Short Stop" - 3:18
- "Boar-Jibu" - 3:37
- "Contours" - 3:21
- "Tale of an African Lobster" - 3:26
- "Chiquito Loco" - 3:28
- "The Sweetheart of Sigmund Freud" - 2:41
- Recorded at RCA Studios in Hollywood, CA on March 26, 1953 (tracks 1-4) and April 2, 1953 (tracks 5-8)
- Shorty Rogers - trumpet, arranger
- Pete Candoli, Maynard Ferguson, Conrad Gozzo, John Howell - trumpet
- Milt Bernhart, Harry Betts, John Halliburton - trombone
- John Graas - French horn
- Gene Englund - Tuba
- Art Pepper - alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone
- Bud Shank - alto saxophone, baritone saxophone
- Bob Cooper, Jimmy Giuffre - tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone
- Marty Paich - piano
- Curtis Counce - bass
- Shelly Manne - drums