Coolaroo railway station
Southbound view in June 2010
|Location||Pascoe Vale Road, Coolaroo|
|Distance||19.31 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Fare zone||Myki zone 2|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||6 June 2010|
Originally scheduled for completion by the 1980s, under the 1969 Melbourne Transportation Plan, the Victorian Government set aside $38 million for the construction of the station in the 2007/08 Budget. Completion was expected in 2010, with the project re-announced as part of the state government Victorian Transport Plan, in December 2008. Although long proposed, the station was built separately to the 2007 electrification of the line from Broadmeadows to Craigieburn.
The railway past the site of Coolaroo station originally opened in 1872, as part of the North East railway to Wodonga. Work on the slewing of the parallel standard gauge track commenced in December 2008, and was completed by January 2009, to allow construction of Platform 1. Work on the lift wells was underway by August, with the main span of the footbridge lifted into place in October 2009.
Platforms & services
Dyson's Bus Services operates two routes via Coolaroo station:
- 540: Upfield station – Broadmeadows station
- 953: Broadmeadows station – Craigieburn (Saturday and Sunday mornings only)
- Coolaroo Vicsig
- "More peak hour services for Melbourne's south east". Media Release: Minister for Public Transport. 28 April 2010. Retrieved 28 April 2010.
- "Traffic – New VR Bus Service". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. February 1974. p. 47.
- New metropolitan railway stations Department of Infrastructure
- "Coolaroo Train Project". Victorian Transport Plan. www4.transport.vic.gov.au. Archived from the original on 11 December 2008. Retrieved 8 December 2008.
- "Craigieburn Line". Public Transport Victoria.
- "540 Upfield - Broadmeadows via Coolaroo". Public Transport Victoria.
- "952 Night bus: City - Footscray - Maribyrnong - Airport West - Gladstone Park - Broadmeadows". Public Transport Victoria.
- "901 Frankston - Melbourne Airport (SMARTBUS Service)". Public Transport Victoria.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Coolaroo railway station.|
- Melway map at street-directory.com.au