Cooleeney Farmhouse Cheese
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Country of origin||Ireland|
|Source of milk||Cows and Goats|
Cooleeney Farm produce a range of seven cheeses. Five are made using cow's milk from their own farm, one from goat's milk from their own farm, and one using goat's milk from a nearby source.
|Cooleeney Farmhouse Cheese||Raw cow's milk||8 – 10 weeks||Soft and smooth|
|Darú||Pasteurised cow's milk||9 months||Semi-hard with small holes|
|Dunbarra||Pasteurised cow's milk||8 – 10 weeks||Semi-soft|
|Gleann Óir||Pasteurised goat's milk||9 months||Semi-hard with irregular holes|
|Gortnamona||Pasteurised goat's milk from a nearby source||8 – 10 weeks||Soft, slightly chalky|
|Maighean||Raw cow's milk||8 – 10 weeks||Soft and smooth|
|Tipperary Brie||Pasteurised cow's milk||8 – 10 weeks||Soft and slightly chalky|
- 2011 - Great Taste Awards for soft Cheese, 2 stars for Gortnamona.
- 2010 - World Cheese Awards - Silver medal
- 2010 - Great Taste Awards
- 2010 - Artisan Producer of the Year Award
- 2006 - British Cheese Awards
- Cooleeney Cheese Home Page
- Irish Farmhouse Cheesemakers Association Archived 2010-10-20 at the Wayback Machine.
- Great Taste Awards 2011 Archived 2011-07-18 at the Wayback Machine.
- "World Cheese Awards 2010" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-11-19. Retrieved 2011-11-22.
- British Cheese Awards 2006 Archived March 21, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
|This cheese-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|