|Fate||Acquired by Yahoo!|
|Founded||California (January 2006)|
|Founder||Soujanya Bhumkar, Mayank Mehta, Josh Schwarzapel, Austin Shoemaker|
|Defunct||November 21, 2014|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California, United States|
Cooliris, Inc. was a US corporation headquartered in San Francisco, CA, that developed photo viewing products on mobile, web, and desktop platforms. The company is best known for its signature user interface, the Cooliris 3D Wall, which provides a 3D-like immersive media-viewing experience.
In January 2010, Google, Inc. tapped Cooliris to develop Android Gallery, the official native photo application now installed on over 40 million smartphones running on the Android (operating system).
The company’s core product is the Cooliris mobile photo viewing and sharing app for iPad and iPhone, launched in July 2012.
- Leena Rao (January 5, 2010). "Google Taps Cooliris To Enable Media Browsing On Nexus One". Techcrunch.
- John Markoff (March 9, 2008). "Coming Soon: Nothing Between You and Your Machine". New York Times.
- Lim Yung-Hui (June 18, 2012). "Another Telco Giant NTT DOCOMO Invests In Silicon Valley "3D Wall" Creator Cooliris". Forbes Magazine.
- Anthony Ha ,Techcrunch. "Cooliris Partners With Renren To Launch Localized Photo App In China". Retrieved 2012-12-18.
- Ken Yeung, TheNextWeb. "With 250m+ photos viewed, Cooliris updates iOS app, grabs pics from Google Drive, Flickr, others". Retrieved 2012-11-28.
- Mozilla Foundation. "Firefox Recommended Add-ons". Retrieved 2007-02-11.
- Jason Snell, Macworld. "Mac Word: A new way to look at online images". Retrieved 2006-10-19.