|Traded as||SEHK: 2369|
|Headquarters||Shenzhen, Guangdong, China|
(Chairman and CEO)
Number of employees
Coolpad Group Limited (Chinese: 酷派集团; pinyin: Kùpài Jítuán SEHK: 2369) is a Chinese telecommunications equipment company headquartered in Shenzhen. It is the largest smartphone company in China and largest Chinese domestic brand by sales outside of China. From January to June 2012, the company had a market share of shipments of 10.4%.
Coolpad was originally the smartphone brand of Yulong Computer Telecommunication Scientific (Shenzhen) Co., itself a subsidiary of China Wireless Technologies Limited. China Wireless was officially renamed "Coolpad Group Limited" at the end of 2013.
- In 2012, Coolpad entered the US mobile phone market with its first 4G LTE smartphone, cooperating with MetroPCS.
- In 2015 CES, Coolpad was awarded "Global Smart Phone Brands Top 10" and "Global Smart Connected Devices Top 10" by IDG.
- In 2015, Coolpad was listed on the Forbes Asia TOP 50.
- In June 2015, Coolpad launched three products in Southeast Asia (Indonesia and Vietnam).
- In September 2015, Coolpad entered 10 countries in Eastern Europe.
- "公司概况". Official website of Coolpad Group (in Chinese). Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- Sascha Segan (2012-08-28). "Coolpad: We Can Build Better Budget Phones". Pcmag.com. Ziff Davis. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- Andrew Nusca (2012-08-23). "The one country Apple can't crack: China". zdnet.com. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- "In China, the Coolpad Is Hotter Than Apple's iPhone". WSJ.com. 2014-01-28.
In the third quarter of last year, Coolpad, the smartphone brand of China's Yulong Computer Telecommunication Scientific (Shenzhen) Co., was the sixth-biggest smartphone vendor by units sold world-wide
- Shen Jingting (2012-08-25). "Apple losing smartphone battle to Samsung". usa.chinadaily.com.cn. China Daily Information Co. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- "China Wireless officially changes its name to Coolpad Group Limited" (PDF). 2013-11-29.
- Claud Xiao and Ryan Olson (2014-12-17). "CoolReaper Revealed: A Backdoor in Coolpad Android Devices". Palo Alto Networks. Retrieved 2014-12-17.
|This Chinese corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|