|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Services||Multimedia digital entertainment download store|
Coolroom is a UK digital download store offering films and music to own and rent. It is accessible online and as a bespoke IPTV channel on Microsoft's Windows Media Center available on laptops, desktops and home entertainment PCs. Users can preview cinema releases and download full feature films and music.
Coolroom has been highlighted as one of the few legal download services currently available in the UK . Coolroom enables users to download premium film and music content and securely access it wirelessly within their home network with Intel Viiv enabled devices as well as on Xbox 360. Downloaded films and music can also be played on portable video and mp3 players .
Coolroom offers users a 3D virtual environment, styled around a loft apartment. Different areas allow users to preview additional clips and cast interviews and upload personal content including music and pictures which can then be played and displayed in the apartment. In the current version users can also personalise the apartment and there are suggestions it is moving towards social networking where users will be able to invite friends into their Coolroom.
- Duncan, Alistair (Mar. 6 2007). "New Dimensions in View" The London Paper
- Leyden, John (Dec. 15 2006). "Intel gears up to deliver movie download service" The Register
- Orton-Jones, Charles (Nov. 12 2007). "Focus on Britain's Digital Elite" Real Business
- Company website
- Microsoft (Sep. 4 2007). Media Center Launches Immersive Entertainment for Film Buffs at the Touch of a Button. Press release.
- Intel (Dec. 8 2006). Intel and Coolroom give Hollywood Blockbusters UK Broadband Premier. Press release.
- Intel Viiv Technology Entertainment Showcase
- Coolroom becomes the latest IPTV player Home Entertainment Week
|This article about a music website is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a film website is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|