Cooltong Conservation Park
|Cooltong Conservation Park|
|Nearest town or city||Renmark|
|Established||8 April 1993|
|Area||37.1 km2 (14.3 sq mi)|
|Managing authorities||Department for Environment and Water|
|See also||Protected areas of South Australia|
Cooltong Conservation Park is a protected area located in South Australia about 6 kilometres (3.7 miles) west of the town of Renmark in the Riverland of South Australia. The conservation park was proclaimed under the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1972 in 1993 to "preserve quality mallee vegetation and habitat for the mallee bird species that frequent the area, in particular the Malleefowl." As of 2011, the conservation park was described as being "dominated by mallee vegetation, with undulating dunes and shales" and that it is "popular among birdwatchers eager to catch a glimpse of elusive mallee birds." Services provided within the conservation park as of 2011 include bushwalking, picnic grounds and vehicle tracks only accessible by 4WD vehicles. The conservation park is classified as an IUCN Category VI protected area.
- "Terrestrial Protected Areas of South Australia (refer 'DETAIL' tab )". CAPAD 2016. Australian Government, Department of the Environment (DoE). 2016. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
- Blevins, F.T. (8 April 1993). "NATIONAL PARKS AND WILDLIFE ACT 1972 SECTIONS 30 AND 43: CONSTITUTION OF COOLTONG CONSERVATION PARK" (PDF). The South Australian Government Gazette. Government of South Australia. p. 1254. Retrieved 9 January 2019.
- "Protected Areas Information System - reserve list (as of 16 July 2015)" (PDF). Department of Environment Water and Natural Resources (DEWNR). Retrieved 3 August 2015.
- "Parks of the Riverland" (PDF). Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR). 2011. pp. 3 & 6. Retrieved 29 September 2015.
- "Search result for Cooltong Conservation Park (record id no SA0015436)". Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI). 2009. Archived from the original on 12 October 2016. Retrieved 30 September 2015.
|This South Australia protected areas related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|