|Coomalie Community Government Council
Location of the Coomalie Community Government Council
|Population||1,296 (2015 est)|
|• Density||0.864/km2 (2.24/sq mi)|
|Area||1,500 km2 (579.2 sq mi)|
|Website||Coomalie Community Government Council|
The Coomalie Community Government Council is a local government area in Australia's Northern Territory, situated south of Darwin and Palmerston. The council governs an area of 1,500 km2 (580 sq mi). The shire had a population of 1,106 at the 2011 census.
Coomalie Community Government Council was established on 7 December 1990, and its first elections were held in 1997. On 1 July 2008, Coomalie Council became one of the 11 Shires in the territory, changed by the Northern Territory Government.
The council is divided up into six wards, which is governed by 9 councillors across the six wards:
- Batchelor Township Ward (3) (Batchelor)
- Adelaide River Township Ward (2) (Adelaide River)
- Batchelor Rural Ward (1)
- Adelaide River Rural Ward (1)
- Lake Bennett Ward (1) (Lake Bennett)
- Coomalie/Tortilla Ward (1)
The Shire includes the localities of
Meetings are scheduled for the 3rd Tuesday of every month.
- "3218.0 – Regional Population Growth, Australia, 2014–15". Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (28 March 2013). "2011 Census QuickStats". Retrieved 26 July 2014.
|This Australian government-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Northern Territory, Australia article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|