Taylor in 2016
|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||April 4, 1990|
|Place of birth:||Atlanta, Georgia|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||228 lb (103 kg)|
|High school:||Atlanta (GA) Marist|
|NFL Draft:||2013 / Round: 5 / Pick: 151|
|Career NFL statistics|
Cooper Taylor (born April 4, 1990) is an American football safety who is currently a free agent. He played college football at Georgia Tech before transferring to Richmond. He was selected in the fifth round by the New York Giants of the 2013 NFL Draft.
He played college football at Georgia Tech from 2008-2010. He was selected for the second team All-ACC by Rivals and was an honorable mention Freshmen All-America by College Football News in the 2008 season.
After being diagnosed with Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome, Cooper missed most of the 2009 and 2010 seasons with Georgia Tech and transferred. He spent his final two seasons at the University of Richmond. Cooper was impressive during his time with the Spiders. In his Senior season he was a selected for the First-Team AP All-American, First-Team Walter Camp All-America, First-Team The Sports Network All-American, Second-Team All-American by Phil Steele and the Second-Team All-American by Beyond College Sports First-Team All-CAA, the First-Team VaSID All-State, College Sports Madness First-Team All-CAA, the First-Team Capital One Academic All-American and was the selection of the CoSIDA Academic All-District. He also was selected for The Touchdown Club of Richmond Division I National Defensive Back of the Year. Following the conclusion of his Senior season, He was selected and participated in the 2013 East-West Shrine Game as a member on the East team. On February 19, 2013, He was selected as the CAA Football Scholar Athlete Of The Year.
New York Giants
Before the Draft, Taylor impressed scouts during his performance in the East-West Shrine Game. His large frame (6'4", 228 pounds) and athleticism drew many comparisons to Seattle Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor. Taylor was eventually selected in the 5th round (152 overall) in the 2013 NFL Draft by the New York Giants. On October 20, 2015, he was waived by the Giants. On November 4, 2015, he was signed to the practice squad. On November 18, 2015, Taylor was promoted to the active roster. On August 30, 2016, he was waived by the Giants.
- "Richmond Spiders profile". richmondspiders.com.
- "2008 Rivals.com All-ACC Team". rivals.com. Retrieved December 11, 2008.
- "Three Spiders Named All-America By Phil Steele". richmondspiders.com. Retrieved January 2, 2013.
- "Richmond's Taylor Earns Another All-America Honor". richmondspiders.com. Retrieved December 12, 2012.
- "2013 East-West Shrine Game rosters". nfl.com. Retrieved January 14, 2013.
- "Taylor Named CAA Football Scholar Athlete Of The Year". richmondspiders.com. Retrieved February 19, 2013.
- Eisen, Michael (October 21, 2015). "Giants sign CB Leon McFadden; make practice squad changes". Giants.com. Retrieved December 7, 2015.
- Eisen, Michael. "Giants announce first round of roster cuts". Giants.com.