Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Cooran Memorial School of Arts
|Population||1,457 (2011 census)|
|LGA(s)||Shire of Noosa|
|Federal Division(s)||Wide Bay|
Cooran is a small hinterland town and locality in the Shire of Noosa in Queensland, Australia. Between 2008 and 2013 it was within Sunshine Coast Region. In the 2011 census, Cooran had a population of 1,457 people.
Cooran is predominantly farming land with its urban centre in the north of the locality. Pinbarren Creek and Six Mile Creek flow from east to west through the northern part of the locality, while Coles Creek flows from east to west through the southern part of the locality. All the creeks flow into the Mary River.
The Bruce Highway passes through the south-west corner of the locality but does not pass through the town. The major routes to the town are Traveston Road (from the north-west), Coles Creek Road from the south-west and Greenridge-Pinbarren Road from the east.
Mount Cooran is a very distinctive peak in the landscape ().
Cooran has a number of heritage-listed sites, including:
The Shire of Noosa operates a mobile library service on a weekly schedule in King Street.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Cooran (SSC)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 31 August 2015.
- "Cooran (town) (entry 8293)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 31 August 2015.
- "Cooran (locality) (entry 49646)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 31 August 2015.
- "Queensland Globe". State of Queensland. Archived from the original on 30 March 2017. Retrieved 31 August 2015.
- "Mount Cooran (entry 8296)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 31 August 2015.
- "TITLE". Queensland Places. Centre for the Government of Queensland, University of Queensland. Archived from the original on 8 January 2014. Retrieved 31 August 2015.
- Premier Postal History. "Post Office List". Premier Postal Auctions. Archived from the original on 15 May 2014. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- "Opening and closing dates of Queensland Schools". Queensland Government. Retrieved 31 August 2015.
- "Agency ID5124, Cooran State School". Queensland State Archives. Retrieved 31 August 2015.
- Environmental Protection Agency (Queensland) (2000). Heritage Trails of the Great South East. State of Queensland. p. 148. ISBN 0-7345-1008-X.
- "Alfredson's Joinery, Pre-Cut House Workshop and Sawmill (former) (entry 602690)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- "Noosa Mobile Library - Mobile Stops - Noosa Mobile Hours". Shire of Noosa. Archived from the original on 30 January 2018. Retrieved 19 January 2018.
- Smoothy, Judy (1990), Guran : Cooran State School : 100 years of education, Cooran State School, ISBN 978-0-7316-9365-8
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cooran, Queensland.|
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Cooran.|
|This article about the geography of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|