Coordinadora Nacional de Trabajadores de la Educación
The Coordinadora Nacional de Trabajadores de la Educación (CNTE) is a teachers union in Mexico founded on December 17, 1979 as alternative to the mainstream Sindicato Nacional de Trabajadores de la Educación (SNTE) by teachers of the SNTE in the poorer, southern states of Mexico.
During August and September 2013, the group organized marches around Mexico City, blocking at various time main traffic arteries such as Paseo de la Reforma, the Anillo Periférico, and access to Mexico City's airport. The marches were in protest of the 2012-2013 educational reform laws, specifically the establishment of a system of testing teachers.
In 2016 members of CNTE's Section 22 participated in teacher's strikes and refusals to administer government ordered standardized tests in the state of Oaxaca.
- Sindicato Nacional de Trabajadores de la Educación (SNTE)
- Secretariat of Public Education (Mexico)
- Reforma educativa (México) ("Educational Reform (Mexico)", Spanish Wikipedia)
- Leyva, Mario (Sep–Oct 2006). "La CNTE: 27 años de lucha democrática". Trabajadores. 56: 2–3.
- "La CNTE: 34 años de historia de un organismo disidente que desafía la primera "gran reforma" de EPN". NSS Oaxaca. August 25, 2013.
- Hess, Shirin (June 27, 2016). "Oaxaca's Teachers Movement not Thwarted by State Terror". Common Dreams. Portland, Maine. Retrieved July 12, 2016.