This article does not cite any sources. (March 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Coosan's population has grown from around 400 in the 1990s to roughly 5000 in the early 21st century, mostly because of the Celtic Tiger. It attracts many tourists over the summer months due to its location on the edge of Lough Ree.
Coosan is divided into three 'quarters': Castlequarter, Hillquarter and Meehanquarter.
Queen of Peace church in Coosan was opened in 1973.
- Ray Connellan, Australian rules footballer
- Dessie Dolan, Gaelic footballer
- Lisa Dwan, actress
- Robbie Henshaw, International rugby player
- Colm Moriarty, professional golfer
- Alan Sheehan, football player
Clubs and organisations
|This article related to the geography of County Westmeath, Ireland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|