This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012)
|Type||Subsidiary of Constellation Software (TSX: CSU)|
|Founded||July 31, 1996Quebec City, Quebec, Canadain|
|Founder||Martin Bouchard and Eric Bouchard|
|Headquarters||1 Antares Drive, Suite 400, |
Canada K2E 8C4
|Products||Copernic Desktop Search, Copernic Server Search|
Number of employees
Copernic Inc. is a company based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, producer of Copernic Desktop Search and Copernic Server Search, desktop search software for home and business, running on Microsoft Windows. There is a free edition and paid editions with free trial.
Copernic Technologies Inc. was incorporated In July, 1996, under the name Agents Technology, Inc.
On December 22, 2005, Mamma.com completed its acquisition of Copernic Technologies Inc., a search technology company founded in July 1996 in Quebec City and maker of the desktop search utility Copernic Desktop Search. In the preceding fiscal year Copernic had a revenue of about $5.9 million and an EBITDA of about $1.8 million; Mamma.com paid $15.9 million and issued 2,380,000 common shares.
On June 8, 2007, Mamma.com Inc. changed its name to Copernic Inc., received a new stock symbol CNIC, (effective June 14, 2007), and launched its new corporate website.
On November 17, 2008, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission announced that it had charged Mark Cuban with insider trading. It was alleged that he directed his broker to sell his entire 600,000 shares of stock in the company to avoid losses in excess of $750,000 based on insider information.
On June 30, 2009, Copernic completed the sale of Mamma.com and its third party Ad Net to Empresario, a privately owned digital media network based in Chicago Illinois. Transaction took place as planned by the two companies and will allow Copernic to reflect the details in their Q2 report. The company proceeded to this sale in order to focus the company on new product offers.
Support for myCopernic on the Go!, Copernic Agent web metasearch ended on January 31, 2014.
Copernic Online Backup is no longer announced.
- "Copernic Inc". Canada Business Directory. Archived from the original on 2013-10-22. Retrieved 2015-10-11.CS1 maint: unfit URL (link)
- "Mamma.Com Inc. Acquires Copernic for $15.9 Million & 2.38 Million Common Shares". Copernic. 2005-12-22. Retrieved 2007-09-07.
- Yahoo! Finance
- "SEC charges Mark Cuban with Insider Trading". November 17, 2008. Archived from the original on 2008-12-06.
- "Close of Sale of Copernic Search Assets to Empresario".
- "Harris, Copernic, and Comamtech Announce Final Order Approving the Plan of Arrangement and Closing of Harris Transaction" (PDF). November 4, 2010. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2011-10-07. Retrieved 2011-03-30.