From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Copernicus may refer to the astronomer Nicolaus Copernicus (1473-1543).
Copernicus, Kopernik or Kopernikus may also refer to any of the following:
- OAO-3 Copernicus, an orbiting astronomical observatory (X-ray and UV) launched on 21 August 1972
- Copernicus Programme, a joint initiative of the European Commission and European Space Agency
- Copernicus Science Centre, Warsaw, Poland
- Kopernik Observatory & Science Center, an observatory and science center in Vestal, New York, USA
- Copernicium, element 112
- Copernicus or 55 Cancri, a binary star with a planetary system.
- Copernicus Peak, the highest peak of Mount Hamilton, California
- Copernicus (lunar crater), a crater on the Moon
- Copernicus (Martian crater)
- Copernicus (film), a 1973 Polish film
- Kopernikus, an opera (1978-79) by Canadian composer Claude Vivier
- Copernicus, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by 38 Studios
- Copernicus, a shuttlecraft in the Star Trek series
- Copernicus Foundation, a non-profit organization in Chicago
- Kopernik (organization), a non-profit headquartered in Indonesia
- DFS-Kopernikus, German TV satellites of the 1990s
- Copernicus Airport Wrocław, Poland
- Copernicus (yacht)
- Kopernik (company), established in 1751 in Toruń, one of the oldest sweets manufacturers in Europe still in operation
- Index Copernicus
- Kopernik, Il-62 type plane which crashed on March 14 1980 near Warsaw Chopin Airport.
- Copernicia, a genus of 24 species of palms
- Copernic Desktop Search, a desktop search engine
- Copernic, the company that produces Copernic Desktop Search
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Copernicus.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.