This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (July 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Country of origin||Germany|
|Publication types||Scientific journals|
|Nonfiction topics||Earth science|
Copernicus Publications (also: Copernicus GmbH) is a publisher of scientific literature based in Göttingen, Germany. Founded in 1994, Copernicus Publications currently publishes 28 peer-reviewed open access scientific journals and other publications on behalf of the European Geosciences Union.
Copernicus Publications is part of the open-access publishing movement. Initially, the CC-BY-NC was used. In 2007, they switched to the CC-BY attribution license. Copernicus Publications has been described as the largest open access publisher in the Geo- and Earth system sciences, and it is known as one of the first publishers to embrace public peer review.
- Category:Copernicus Publications academic journals
- Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association, of which Copernicus Publications is a founding member
- Open access in Germany
- Bornmann L, Daniel HD (2010). "Do author-suggested reviewers rate submissions more favorably than editor-suggested reviewers? A study on Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics". PLoS ONE. 5 (10): e13345. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0013345. PMC 2954795. PMID 20976226.
- "License and Copyright Agreement". Copernicus Publications. Retrieved March 22, 2012.
- Press release of the Max Planck Society (WebCite)
- The editors of Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics explain their journal's approach (WebCite)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Media from Copernicus.|
|This article about a publishing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|