Svyturys Old Port Ale is a Scottish ale
that has a copper color
Copper ale is a style of ale known in part for its copper color.
Some varieties of copper ale may be produced to have a bitter flavor, such as that of a bitter, the English term for pale ale. Beer brewed with dark malt may contribute to a copper-colored beer.
Copper ale is the flagship beer of Otter Creek Brewing, a craft brewery located in Middlebury, Vermont. It is also produced by other U.S. companies, such as Boulder Beer Company in Boulder, Colorado.
In Australia, the James Squire brand of copper ale named The Constable Copper Ale is produced. James Squire products are brewed by the Malt Shovel Brewery in Sydney, Australia.
- ^ a b Grove, Jake (July 1, 2011). "On Tap: Singletrack Copper Ale from Boulder Beer". The Anderson Independent-Mail. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- ^ Boulton, Christopher; Quain, David (2013). Brewing Yeast and Fermentation. John Wiley & Sons. p. 33. ISBN 1118685342.
- ^ Perozzi, Christina; Beaune, Hallie (2009). The Naked Pint: An Unadulterated Guide to Craft Beer. Penguin. p. 76. ISBN 1101149221.
- ^ Szamatulski, Tess; Szamatulski, Mark (2010). CloneBrews, 2nd Edition: Recipes for 200 Commercial Beers. Storey Publishing. p. 148. ISBN 1603422803.
- ^ DeBenedetti, Christian (2011). The Great American Ale Trail. Running Press. p. 113. ISBN 0762444762.
- ^ "The Shout". Theshout.com.au. October 25, 2013. Retrieved 18 January 2014.