|AHFS/Drugs.com||Micromedex Detailed Consumer Information|
|CompTox Dashboard (EPA)|
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||453.8 g·mol−1|
|3D model (JSmol)|
|Melting point||156 °C (313 °F)|
|Solubility in water||30 mg/mL (20 °C)|
|(what is this?)|
- Dietary supplement to treat copper deficiency.
- Ingredient of Retsyn, which is an ingredient of Certs breath mints.
The U.S. Institute of Medicine (IOM) sets Tolerable upper intake levels (ULs) for vitamins and minerals when evidence is sufficient. In the case of copper the adult UL is set at 10 mg/day. Copper gluconate is sold as a dietary supplement to provide copper. The typical dose is 2.0 mg copper per day. This is one-fifth what the IOM considers a safe upper limit. Long-term intake at amounts higher than the UL may cause liver damage.
- "产品列表-葡萄糖酸铜" [Product list - copper gluconate]. Liaoyang Tengyuan Food Additives Factory. Retrieved March 29, 2013. (in Chinese)
- "Copper Gluconate". ChemicalLand21. Retrieved March 29, 2013.
- Copper. IN: Dietary Reference Intakes for Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Arsenic, Boron, Chromium, Copper, Iodine, Iron, Manganese, Molybdenum, Nickel, Silicon, Vanadium, and Copper. National Academy Press. 2001, PP. 224–257.
|This drug article relating to the gastrointestinal system is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|