Coptic Orthodox Church in Europe
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Part of the series on|
The Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria has many churches and congregations in Europe and on 2 June 1974 Pope Shenouda III has received in the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate of Alexandria a native Orthodox Church in France known as the French Orthodox Eparchy, along with their Primate, who in turn was accepted after consecration into the Episcopate, in the Holy Synod of the Church of Alexandria and hence was appointed their Primate Marcos (Mark), as the first Bishop and Athanasius as Chorbishop of The French Orthodox Eparchy.
Currently there are many Metropolitans and Bishops serving in Europe.
Bishops in Austria:
On 19 June 1994, in the presence of 62 Metropolitans and Bishops of the Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria, Pope Shenouda III elevated Marcos (Mark) as the first metropolitan of the Holy Metropolis of Toulon & All France and Primate of the French Coptic Orthodox Church and Athanasius as the Auxiliary Bishop (assistant) to Marcos.
The French Coptic Orthodox Church has a Diocesan Bishop as well as about 11-12 Priests and several Deacons in about 12-15 parishes and missions across France.
- Athanasios, Diocesan Bishop of the Holy Diocese of Marseille and Primate of the Holy Metropolis of Toulon and of all France, that is The French Coptic Orthodox Church.
- Marc, Diocesan Bishop of Paris and all Northern France
- Luka (Luke), Diocesan Bishop of the Holy Diocese of Geneva (Switzerland) and Southern France
- Damian, Bishop of the Holy Diocese of Höxter-Brenkenhausen and Abbot of the Monastery of St. Mary & St. Maurice.
- Michail, Bishop & Abbot of the Monastery of Saint Anthony the Great in Kroeffelbach, Germany.
- Barnaba, Bishop of the Holy Diocese of Torino, Rome and Southern Italy.
- Antonio, Bishop of the Holy Diocese of Milano and Northern Italy & Abbot of the Monastery of Saint Shenouda the Archimandrite in Milano.
Bishops in Netherlands:
- Arsany (Arsanios), Diocesan Bishop of the Holy Diocese of Amsterdam and all the Netherlands & affiliate jurisdictions.
There is a large Coptic Orthodox community in the Netherlands, mainly in the major cities. Currently, they have Churches in Amsterdam, Assen, Eindhoven, Enschede, The Hague, Kapelle, Leeuwarden, Utrecht and Velsen-Noord.
Great Britain and Ireland
- Bishop Missael, Bishop of the Holy Diocese of the Midlands, England (see ukmidcopts.org)
- Bishop Anthony, Bishop of the Holy Diocese of Ireland, Scotland and North East England
- Bishop Angaelos, Bishop of the Holy Diocese of London
- Eritrean church; Bishop Markos (Mark), Bishop of the Eritrean Church in the United Kingdom, Member of the Eritrean Holy Synod
- Apakir (Apa Cyrrhus), Diocesan Bishop of the Holy Diocese of Stockholm and of all Scandinavia.
Greece and Cyprus
- Pavlos (Paul), Diocesan Bishop of the Holy Diocese of Athens, all Greece and Cyprus
Central Europe (Hungary, Czech Republic, Poland, Romania and Slovenia)
- Giovanni, Diocesan Bishop of the Holy Diocese of Central Europe (Hungary, Czech Republic, Poland, Romania & Slovenia)