Cory Doctorow presentation at CopyCamp 2014 in Warsaw
|Cause||Copyright, Free culture|
|Organised by||Modern Poland Foundation|
CopyCamp is an international conference devoted to copyright, organized in Warsaw by the Modern Poland Foundation. Representatives of cultural institutions, the media, creative sectors, academic, legal, political and non-governmental circles gather annually to discuss the influence of copyright on the circulation of cultural goods and social changes taking place all over the world.
Partners and organizational background
Strategic partners are Trust for Civil Society in Central and Eastern Europe, Google, Samsung Electronics and Stowarzyszenie Autorów ZAiKS. Among other partners supporting the first three editions of the conference were: Coalition for Open Education, Kronenberg Foundation, Copyright for Creativity and National Audiovisual Institute. Every year, the event is organized under the honorary patronage of the Ministry of Administration and Digitization and academically supported by Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational Modelling. The third edition of CopyCamp was co-finansed by the International Visegrad Fund.
The speakers of the first edition organized in 2012 in kino Kultura were Nina Paley, Jan Błeszyński, Lidia Geringer de Oedenberg, Michał Kwiatkowski, Jarosław Lipszyc, Alek Tarkowski, Elżbieta Traple, Hieronim Wrona and Paweł Zalewski, among others.
CopyCamp 2014 took place on November 6–7 in kino Praha with two keynote speakers: Cory Doctorow and Birgitta Jónsdóttir next to such figures as Michał Boni, Lucie Guibault, Novika, Yngve Slettholm, Piotr Waglowski, Attila Szervác and Michał Wiśniewski, among others. At the third edition of CopyCamp, special attention was paid to the perspective of the Visegrad Group countries.
All artistic and scientific materials, logos, photographs, audio and video recordings are under CC-BY-SA or compatible licences.
- "CopyCamp" (in Polish). Retrieved 2014-11-25.
- Doctorow, Cory (2014-05-27). "Call for Speakers: Copycamp Warsaw, with Birgitta Jónsdóttir and Cory". boingboing.net (in Polish). Retrieved 2014-11-25.
- "International CopyCamp Conference CopyCamp 2014. Social Impacts of Copyright". copycamp.pl (in Polish). Retrieved 2014-11-25.
- "Copycamp Talk". blog.ninapaley.com (in Polish). 2012-12-14. Retrieved 2014-12-03.
- "CopyCamp 2012". copycamp.pl (in Polish). Retrieved 2014-11-11.
- "CopyCamp 2013". copycamp.pl (in Polish). Retrieved 2014-11-25.
- "CopyCamp 2014 - prawo autorskie od innej strony". Newsweek Polska (in Polish). 2014-10-22. Retrieved 2014-12-03.
- "CopyCamp 2014 – speakers". copycamp.pl (in Polish). Retrieved 2014-11-25.
- "Visegrad". copycamp.pl (in Polish). Retrieved 2014-11-25.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to CopyCamp.|