Copyright law of Indonesia
Copyright law of Indonesia is set out in the Copyright Act, namely, current, Act No. 28 of 2014. In law, the notion of copyright is "the exclusive rights for the creator or the recipient the right to publish or reproduce the creations or give permission for it by not reducing the restrictions according to the laws and regulations that apply" (Article 1, point 1).
Copyright Act of Indonesia has been amended in 1987, 1997, 2002, and 2014.
In 1958, Prime Minister Djuanda declared Indonesia joined the Berne Convention so that Indonesia could take advantage of the intellectual work, creativity, and initiative from foreign nations without having to pay royalties.
In 1982, the Government of Indonesia revoked the Dutch copyright act and enacted Act No. 6 of 1982 on Copyright. The law was later amended by Act No. 7 of 1987, Act No. 12 of 1997, Act No. 19 of 2002, and Act No. 28 of 2014.
Changes in legislation are also inseparable from the role of Indonesia in the association between countries. In Act No. 7 of 1994, the government ratified the establishment of the World Trade Organization, which includes the Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights. In 1997, the government ratified the Berne Convention through Presidential Decree No. 18 of 1997 and also ratified the World Intellectual Property Organization Copyright Treaty through Presidential Decree No. 19 of 1997.
Copyright durations and terms
||Lifetime of the author(s) + 70 years.|
||Date of publication + 50 years.|
|Applied arts||Date of publication + 25 years.|
The following organisations are involved in protecting copyright in Indonesia.
- KCI : Karya Cipta Indonesia
- ASIRI : Asosiasi Indrustri Rekaman Indonesia (Association of Recording Industry Indonesia)
- ASPILUKI : Asosiasi Piranti Lunak Indonesia (Software Association of Indonesia)
- APMINDO : Asosiasi Pengusaha Musik Indonesia (Association of Music Indonesia)
- ASIREFI : Asosiasi Rekaman Film Indonesia (Association of Recording Film Indonesia)
- PAPPRI : Persatuan Artis Penata Musik Rekaman Indonesia (United Artists Records Playground Music Indonesia)
- IKAPI : Ikatan Penerbit Indonesia (Association of Indonesian Publishers)
- MPA : Motion Picture Association (Motion Picture Association)
- BSA : Business Software Association
- "2014 Copyright Law of Indonesia". wipolex.wipo.int. Retrieved 10 March 2021.
- Sumber : Junus, E Aspek Hukum dalam Sengketa Hak Kekayaan Intelektual Teori dan Praktek, 2003
|Wikisource has original text related to this article:|
|Indonesian Wikisource has original text related to this article:|