Shire of Corangamite
|Shire of Corangamite|
Location in Victoria
|• Density||3.6615/km2 (9.483/sq mi)|
|Gazetted||23 September 1994|
|Area||4,408 km2 (1,701.9 sq mi)|
|Mayor||Cr Neil Trotter|
|Region||Barwon South West|
|Website||Shire of Corangamite|
The Shire of Corangamite is a local government area in the Barwon South West region of Victoria, Australia, located in the south-western part of the state. It covers an area of 4,408 square kilometres (1,702 sq mi) and in June 2018 had a population of 16,140. It includes the towns of Camperdown, Terang, Cobden, Timboon, Port Campbell and Skipton. It was formed in 1994 from the amalgamation of the Town of Camperdown, Shire of Hampden, Shire of Heytesbury, and parts of the Shire of Otway, Shire of Mortlake and Shire of Warrnambool.
The Shire is governed and administered by the Corangamite Shire Council; its seat of local government and administrative centre is located at the council headquarters in Camperdown. The Shire is named after the major geographical feature in the region, Lake Corangamite, which is located on the eastern boundary of the LGA.
The council is composed of five wards and seven councillors, with three councillors elected to represent the Central Ward and one councillor per remaining ward elected to represent each of the other wards.
|Central||Ruth Gstrein||Deputy Mayor|
|South Central||Jo Beard|
Administration and governance
The Council meets at the Killara Centre in Camperdown while its main Council offices are located at 181 Manifold Street.
- "3218.0 – Regional Population Growth, Australia, 2017-18: Population Estimates by Local Government Area (ASGS 2018), 2017 to 2018". Australian Bureau of Statistics. Australian Bureau of Statistics. 27 March 2019. Retrieved 25 October 2019. Estimated resident population, 30 June 2018.
- Victoria Government Gazette – Online Archive (1837–1997). "S63 of 1994: Order estg (Part 3) the Shire of Corangamite". State Library of Victoria. State Government of Victoria (published 23 September 1994). pp. 3–4. Retrieved 12 January 2017.
- Local Government in Victoria. "Corangamite Shire Council". Department of Transport, Planning and Local Infrastructure. State Government of Victoria. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
Media related to Shire of Corangamite at Wikimedia Commons
- Corangamite Shire Council official website
- Metlink local public transport map
- Link to Land Victoria interactive maps
|This Australian government-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|