Corazón Sin Cara
|"Corazón Sin Cara"|
|Single by Prince Royce|
|from the album Prince Royce|
|Released||February 9, 2010|
|Producer(s)||Andrés Hidalgo, Sergio George|
|Prince Royce singles chronology|
"Corazón Sin Cara" (English: "Love is Blind," literally "Heart Faceless") is a bachata song by American singer-songwriter Prince Royce. It was written and composed by Prince Royce, and produced by Andrés Hidalgo and Sergio George. The song's lyrical content deals with the self-esteem of girls and their appearance. The song also includes violins and cellos, which Royce notes aren't normally used in bachata music.
The song was released as the second single from Prince Royce in the United States in early February 2010, by Top Stop Music. The song peaked at number one on the US Billboard Tropical Songs chart, and a year later after its official release, reached number one on the US Billboard Latin Songs chart, becoming Royce's first number one song the chart. It was named the best-selling Latin single of 2011 by Billboard. The music video was directed by Danny Hastings and the theme of the video shows Royce appreciating a woman the way she is.
21 second sample.
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
"Corazón Sin Cara" was written and composed solely by Prince Royce, produced by Andrés Hidalgo and Sergio George and co-produced by Royce and D'Lesly "Dice" Lora. In an interview with nocheLatina, Royce was asked to describe the lyrics of the song. He said that it is about "girls who always wear makeup or think they're fat or they're ugly...it's not all about the materialistic things and the image. It's not just about that." "Corazón Sin Cara" is a bachata song featuring "elegant" string arrangements. Royce pointed out the inclusion of instruments on the song such as violins and cellos, noting that such instruments are not normally used in bachata music. The final ten seconds of the track transition into heavier urban beats.
Critical reception and awards
Chris Ryan of MTV said that the song "will evoke hot, uptown summer nights". While Allmusic's Jason Birchmeier commended Andrés Hidalgo for the "crisp production job." He noted the final ten seconds saying, "It's not until those final ten seconds that the urban beats kick in after three and a half minutes of more or less typical bachata graced with an elegant string arrangement." By late February 2011, "Corazón Sin Cara" was the most requested song in Latin radio in the United States.
In the United States, the song was released by the label, Top Stop Music, as a single and made available for digital download on February 9, 2010. The song entered the US Billboard Tropical Songs chart in mid July 2010 and ascended into the top ten at number four by the first week of October 2010. On the week of October 23, 2010, the song reached number one on the Tropical Songs chart but was eventually replaced by Shakira's "Loca". On the Billboard year-end charts, the song ranked number thirty-eight on the Latin Songs chart, number twenty-two on the Latin Pop Songs chart and number sixteen on the Tropical Songs chart.  By the end of February 2011, "Corazón Sin Cara" became a greatest gainer on both the Tropical Songs and Latin Songs charts, pushing back into the number one spot on the Tropical Songs chart. A year after its official release, the song (also a greatest gainer) reached number one on the US Billboard Latin Songs chart and became Royce's first number one song on the chart. According to Billboard, it was the best-performing Latin single of 2011.
The music video for the song was directed by Danny Hastings and released by the record label. The video premiered on VEVO on August 30, 2010. The video for the song was released to Apple's iTunes Store on February 2, 2010 and a new version was issued on September 14, 2010.
The video begins with Royce entering a room with an unnamed female, who plays Royce's love interest. Royce sits down in a chair and begins playing an acoustic guitar and sings the song to her. The girl then takes it from him and he hugs her as they begin to dance. Throughout the rest of video, scenes of the two dancing are intercut with shots of Royce singing in front of the camera or playing the guitar. At the 2011 Premios Juventud Awards, "Corazón Sin Cara" was nominated for My Favorite Video.
- iTunes digital download
- "Corazón Sin Cara" — 3:31
Credits are adapted from the Prince Royce album liner notes.
|US Tropical Airplay (Billboard)||1|
|US Hot Latin Songs (Billboard)||1|
|Venezuela Top Latino (Record Report)||1|
- List of number-one Billboard Hot Tropical Songs of 2010
- List of number-one Billboard Top Latin Songs of 2011
- Prince Royce (CD Liner notes). Top Stop Music. March 2010.
- Castillo, Amaris (January 12, 2010). "Interview with Prince Royce". nochelatina.com. Retrieved March 2, 2011.
- Birchmeier, Jason. "Prince Royce - Review". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation.
- Espejo, Troi (August 24, 2010). "Prince Royce aterriza a ritmo de bachata". Periodico Hoy (in Spanish). Retrieved March 9, 2011.
- Ryan, Chris (October 1, 2010). "The Buzz on: Prince Royce". MTV. Retrieved March 4, 2011.
- Birchmeier, Jason. "Prince Royce - Review". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved March 4, 2011.
- "Las 10 canciones más pedidas esta semana". Terra Networks (in Spanish). February 24, 2011. Retrieved March 7, 2011.
- "Corazon Sin Cara: Prince Royce: MP3 Downloads". Amazon.com. Retrieved December 22, 2010.
- "Tropical Songs: Week of October 23, 2010". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. October 23, 2010. Retrieved March 6, 2010.
- "Tropical Songs:Week of November 6, 2010". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. November 6, 2010.
- "Best of 2010 - Hot Latin Songs". Billboard. Nielson Business Media, Inc. Retrieved December 30, 2010.
- "Best of 2010 - Latin Pop Songs". Billboard. Nielson Business Media, Inc. Retrieved December 30, 2010.
- "Best of 2010 - Tropical Songs". Billboard. Nielson Business Media, Inc. Retrieved December 30, 2010.
- Trust, Gary (February 28, 2011). "Chart Highlights: Pop, Rock, Jazz Songs & More". Billboard. Retrieved March 6, 2011.
- "Latin Songs: Week of March 12, 2011". Billboard. Nielson Business Media, Inc. March 12, 2011. Retrieved March 9, 2011.
- "Best of 2011 - Latin Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved March 17, 2012.
- Hastings, Daniel (director). Corazon Sin Cara (Flash) (in Spanish). VEVO. Retrieved March 4, 2011.
- "Corazón Sin Cara by Prince Royce". Apple Inc. Itunes Store. Retrieved July 16, 2011.
- "Corazón Sin Cara (New Version) by Prince Royce". Apple Inc. Itunes Store. Retrieved July 16, 2011.
- Quintana, Carlos "2011 Premios Juventud - Finalists". About.com. Retrieved July 16, 2011.
- "Corazón Sin Cara - Single by Prince Royce". iTunes. Retrieved January 30, 2011.
- "Prince Royce – Chart history" Billboard Tropical Airplay for Prince Royce.
- "Prince Royce – Chart history" Billboard Hot Latin Songs for Prince Royce.
- Top Latino - Record Report. Archived from the original on 2011-08-14. Retrieved 2013-03-20.