Corbin Covered Bridge
Corbin Covered Bridge
Formerly listed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places
|Location||Corbin Rd., Newport, New Hampshire|
|Architectural style||Town lattice truss|
|NRHP reference No.||76000134|
|Added to NRHP||December 12, 1976|
|Removed from NRHP||September 2, 1993|
The Corbin Covered Bridge is a wooden covered bridge over the North Branch of the Sugar River on Corbin Road, approximately 1 mile (1.6 km) west of NH 10 in Newport in Sullivan County, New Hampshire, United States. The bridge was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976, but was removed following its destruction by fire in the early hours of May 25, 1993. It has since been reconstructed.
The structure is a Town lattice truss bridge, originally built in 1845, destroyed by fire in 1993 and subsequently reconstructed, consisting of one span with a total length of 96 feet (29 m). The total width of the bridge is 18 feet (5.5 m), and has a single lane road. The bridge rests on stone abutments. The bridge passes 12 feet (3.7 m) over the water. Its sides are sheathed, the usual means by which the truss elements are protected from the elements.
- List of New Hampshire covered bridges
- List of bridges on the National Register of Historic Places in New Hampshire
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Sullivan County, New Hampshire
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. March 13, 2009.
- "Corbin Wooden Truss Covered Bridge". Newportnh.net. Retrieved 2014-07-23. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Spreadsheet of Removed properties". NPS.gov. April 4, 2019. Retrieved January 8, 2021. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Fire Destroys Historic Covered Bridge". Rutland Herald. Rutland, Vermont. AP. May 26, 1993. p. 5. Retrieved January 10, 2021 – via newspapers.com. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Corbin Bridge #17 | New Hampshire Covered Bridges". Newhampshire.com. May 23, 2013. Archived from the original on February 11, 2014. Retrieved July 23, 2014 – via Wayback Machine. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "CORBIN BRIDGE - New Hampshire Covered Bridges". NH.gov. 1993-05-24. Retrieved 2014-07-23. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Corbin Covered Bridge.|