|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|sRGBB (r, g, b)||(137, 63, 69)|
|CMYKH (c, m, y, k)||(0, 54, 50, 46)|
|HSV (h, s, v)||(355°, 54%, 54%)|
|Source||Pantone Color Planner|
|B: Normalized to [0–255] (byte)
H: Normalized to [0–100] (hundred)
Cordovan is a rich shade of burgundy and a dark shade of rose. Cordovan takes its name from the city of Cordoba, Spain, where the production of shell cordovan leather was first practiced by the Visigoths in the seventh century. The term cordovan has come to describe the color of clothing, leather in particular.
The first recorded use of cordovan as a color name in English was in 1925.
Cordovan in culture
- Cordovan is a popular color for mens shoes:
- Cordovan colored leather gear and footwear are standard issue in the U.S. National Park Service.
- A Cordovan colored finish is applied to dart cabinets produced by Hathaway Games.
- The character Roark and his father Byron, from Pokemon, have Cordovan-colored hair.
- A Cordovan colored interior was popular in the Jeep Grand Wagoneer.
- Shah, David. "Pantone View Color Planner Summer 2007 Key Color Combinations" (PDF). Metropolitan Publishing of Amsterdam. Retrieved 2008-02-17.[dead link]
- Constable, Olivia Remie (1994). Trade and Traders in Muslim Spain. Cambridge University Press.
- Maerz and Paul A Dictionary of Color New York:1930 McGraw-Hill Page 193; Color Sample of Cordovan Page 39 Plate 8 Color Sample H8
|This color-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|