This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The main interface of Corel VideoStudio X6 (2013)
|Developer(s)||Ulead Systems (Corel)|
VideoStudio Pro X10 (2017)
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Type||Video editing software|
|Website||Corel VideoStudio Homepage|
The software allows both storyboard and timeline-oriented editing. Different formats are supported for source clips, and the resulting video can be exported to DVD, AVCHD, HD-DVD and AVI. VideoStudio also supports direct DV and HDV capturing to disk.
VideoStudio provides several categories of video transitions, including:
- FX contains assorted video effects such as 'Burn' and 'Fade to black'
- 3D provides assorted 3D transition effects
- Album a slideshow effect similar to that of a photo album.
Users can overlay a Flash animation, an image, or text on the video. However, the number of overlays allowed is limited. The user must remove a particular color from the overlay video so that the required background or picture can appear in the foreground.
VideoStudio can change apparent video playback speed, reverse it, and modify hue and saturation. It provides tools that let the user trim, crop, and split video tracks. The soundtrack can be split from the video track, allowing the audio to play at a different pace than the video. A feature that Corel calls "SmartRender" renders only the edited portions of video, so a user can preview edited footage without VideoStudio creating temporary files. This feature also makes final rendering much faster.
Proxy Video Files
VideoStudio supports editing of high-definition video. Proxy files are smaller versions of the video source that stand in for the full-resolution source during editing to improve performance.
Plug-ins / Bundles
Users have reported stability problems with VideoStudio.
- 2006 : Ulead VideoStudio 10 plus
- 2007 : Corel Ulead VideoStudio 11 plus
- 2008 : Corel VideoStudio Pro X2 (v12)
- 2010 : Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 (v13)
- 2011 : Corel VideoStudio Pro X4 (v14)
- 2012 : Corel VideoStudio Pro X5 (v15): Add HTML5 export.
- 2013 : Corel VideoStudio Pro X6 (v16): Windows 8 compatible. Add UHD 4K support.
- 2014 : Corel VideoStudio Pro X7 (v17): Software become 64bits coded.
- 2015 : Corel VideoStudio Pro X8 (v18)
- 2016 : Corel VideoStudio Pro X9 (v19): Windows 10 compatible. Add H.265 support.