Corey Brown (footballer)
|Full name||Corey Edward Brown|
|Date of birth||7 January 1994|
|Place of birth||Brisbane, Queensland, Australia|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Playing position||Left back|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14 February 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 16 November 2015
He is the son of Rod Brown, who scored for Brisbane Strikers in the 1997 NSL Grand Final and held the record for most NSL goals scored (137 goals) playing throughout the 1980s and 1990s mainly with Marconi and Apia.
Brown attended a Brisbane all boys school, from grades 5 through to 10; Marist College Ashgrove. In 2009, Brown was awarded a scholarship with the Queensland Academy of Sport at the age of 15. Whilst he was at and played for the QAS, he played on loan for Brisbane City but did not make a senior appearance. In 2010, he was offered a scholarship with the AIS, which he accepted. He made numerous appearances for them in the National Youth League.
On 23 September 2011, it was announced that Brown, who had been on trial for several weeks, had secured a contract with the Brisbane Roar. Brown signed a three-year deal with the club as a player on a full-time youth contract, which allowed him to be on the first team roster but be paid outside of the salary cap.
Since then Brown has gone from strength to strength with the Roar, winning the players' player of the season (Gary Wilkins Medal) at the club in the 2016–17 season.
- As of 24 April 2018
- "reports & opinion – 2010–2011 – NYL HTML template". Back of the Net. 2010-11-13. Retrieved 2011-10-22.
- "A-League Football Club". Brisbane Roar. Archived from the original on 30 September 2011. Retrieved 2011-10-22.
- Radbourne-Pugh, Lucas (27 April 2018). "Brisbane lose star defender". FourFourTwo.
- Rugari, Vince (22 June 2018). "Victory confirm Brown, Roux signings". The Newcastle Herald.
- "Corey Brown". ALeagueStats.com. Retrieved 28 August 2015.