Corey Lee Wrenn
Corey Lee Wrenn
|Born||October 22, 1983|
|Alma mater||Colorado State University|
|Sub-discipline||Animal rights movement; human-animal studies; veganism|
|Institutions||Monmouth University; University of Kent|
Corey Lee Wrenn (born October 22, 1983) is an American sociologist specializing in human-animal studies, the sociology of the animal rights movement, ecofeminism, and vegan studies. She is presently a lecturer in the School of Social Policy, Sociology and Social Research at the University of Kent.
Education and career
Wrenn received a B.A. in political science in 2005 and an M.S. in sociology in 2008, both from Virginia Tech. In 2013, Wrenn founded the Vegan Feminist Network, an academic-activist project. She completed a PhD in sociology at Colorado State University in 2016.
Wrenn became a lecturer in the Department of Political Science and Sociology at Monmouth University in 2015. She was awarded Exemplary Diversity Scholar by the University of Michigan’s National Center for Institutional Diversity in 2016. Wrenn served as council member for the American Sociological Association’s Animals & Society section (2013-2016) and was elected Chair in 2018. She left Monmouth University and took up a lectureship in the School of Social Policy, Sociology and Social Research at the University of Kent in 2018.
Wrenn is a sentientist, an abolitionist vegan, and a feminist. She is the author of A Rational Approach to Animal Rights: Extensions in Abolitionist Theory (Palgrave MacMillan 2016) and Piecemeal Protest: Animal Rights in the Age of Nonprofits (University of Michigan Press 2019).
- Wrenn, Corey (2016). A Rational Approach to Animal Rights: Extensions in Abolitionist Theory. Palgrave Macmillan UK.
- Wrenn, Corey (2019). Piecemeal Protest: Animal Rights in the Age of Nonprofits. The University of Michigan Press.
- Wrenn, Corey (2021). Animals in Irish Society: Interspecies Oppression and Vegan Liberation in Britain's First Colony. SUNY Press.
- "Corey Lee Wrenn". University of Kent. University of Kent.
- "Corey Lee Wrenn". Colorado State University. Retrieved June 4, 2020.
- Callan, Laura (February 20, 2018). "Long Read: Why Feminism Needs Veganism". Bright Zine. Retrieved June 4, 2020.
- "Corey Wrenn". National Center for Institutional Diversity. University of Michigan.
- "Animals and Society". American Sociological Association. American Sociological Association.
- Wrenn, Corey. "Research Advisory Committee". The Vegan Society. The Vegan Society.
- Wrenn, Corey Lee (2016). A Rational Approach to Animal Rights: Extensions in Abolitionist Theory. United Kingdom: Palgrave Macmillan UK. ISBN 978-1-137-43464-7. Reviews: Clifton P. Flynn, Journal of Animal Ethics, doi:10.5406/janimalethics.7.2.0227a, JSTOR 10.5406/janimalethics.7.2.0227a; Jessica Greenebaum, Contemporary Sociology, JSTOR 26425668; Alejandro Villamor Iglesias, Dilemata, ; Alma Massaro, Relations, ; Iva Rinčić, Amir Muzur, & Sandra Mijač, Jahr, 
- Wrenn, Corey Lee. "Wrenn Personal Statement re: Sentientism". Sentientism.info.
| "Episode 125: Animal Rights Professionalisation with Corey Lee Wrenn"|
Wrenn discusses Piecemeal Protest on the Knowing Animals podcast.