Corey Sutherland Lewis (also known as Rey or The Rey) is an American comic book creator. He is primarily known as the creator of Sharknife, published by Oni Press. Other works include PENG for Oni, and providing back-up comic strips for the Darkstalkers and Street Fighter comics for UDON. Rey also had a brief stint as the artist and writer of the Rival Schools comic book. Recently he participated with a short story in Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Lost Stories comic published by Dark Horse Comics.
Lewis' work is notable for its combination of global youth culture influences, including martial arts, video games, American comic books and cartoons, Japanese anime and manga, graffiti, hip-hop, and indie rock. His work has been compared to that of Bryan Lee O'Malley, and the two artists are friends. Lewis' art tends to be stylized and make use of sound effects. So far he has worked almost exclusively in the action genre. Lewis cites Paul Pope and Masashi Kishimoto (creator of Naruto) as his primary comics influences.
- Sharknife Series
- Sharknife Vol.1 (2005)
- Sharknife Brunchtime Bash (Free Comic Book Day release) (2005)
- Sharknife Stage First (reprint of Vol.1) (2006)
- Sharknife Double Z (2012)
- PENG! one-shot (2005)
- Rival Schools Issues #1 & #2 (2006)
- Marvel Strange Tales MAX "Longshot!" Issue #3 (2009)
- Game Changer (2015)
- Koja-Oh: The Story of Koja in Punchthroat Anthology (2003)
- Cheap Shots / Street Fighter Mini / Darkstalkers Mini (2004–2005)
- PINAPL in Popgun (2007)
- Strange Tales MAX #3 - Longshot (2010)
- X-Men: Nation X - Cannonball (2010)
- Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Lost Stories (2011)
- Apparel designs for punk band MXPX.
- Concept illustrations for toy company Hasbro, including Transformers box art.
- Concept designs for properties such as Castlevania (mostly un-used).
- Illustrations for "Mobisode" animation featured on the Tony Jaa film, The Protector (Tom-Yum-Goong) entitled "8-Limbs".
- Wrote a short story in Vol 5. Issue 3 (2009) of Marvel's Strange Tales entitled "The Fortune Full X-Men"