Peters with the Atlanta Falcons
|No. 98 Arizona Cardinals|
|Date of birth:||June 8, 1988|
|Place of birth:||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||305 lb (138 kg)|
|High school:||Louisville (KY) Central|
|NFL Draft:||2010 / Round: 3 / Pick: 83|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2016|
Corey Peters (born June 8, 1988) is an American football nose tackle for the Arizona Cardinals of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Atlanta Falcons in the third round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He played college football at Kentucky.
Peters played college football at Kentucky. He started two games as a freshman and started 12 games as a sophomore. As a junior, he tallied 36 tackles, 10 tackles for loss and four quarterback sacks. As a senior Peters had four sacks and twelve tackles for losses. Peters was also named second-team All-SEC as a senior.
Peters was drafted by the Atlanta Falcons in the third round, 83rd overall, of the 2010 NFL Draft. The Atlanta Falcons signed Corey Peters to a 4-year deal on June 8, 2010. On March 4, 2014, Peters and the Falcons agreed on a one-year deal that kept him in Atlanta throughout the 2014 season.
On March 10, 2015, Peters signed a three-year deal with the Arizona Cardinals. He tore his left Achilles tendon on August 20, 2015 during practice, and was placed on injured reserve the next day.
|Year||Team||GP||COMB||TOTAL||AST||SACK||FF||FR||FR YDS||INT||IR YDS||AVG IR||LNG||TD||PD|
|2015||ARI||Did not play due to injury|
- GP: games played
- COMB: combined tackles
- TOTAL: total tackles
- AST: assisted tackles
- SACK: sacks
- FF: forced fumbles
- FR: fumble recoveries
- FR YDS: fumble return yards
- INT: interceptions
- IR YDS: interception return yards
- AVG IR: average interception return
- LNG: longest interception return
- TD: interceptions returned for touchdown
- PD: passes defensed
- Corey Peters bio at University of Kentucky Official Athletic Site
- Calm, Collected Peters isn't sweating NFL Draft, University of Kentucky Official Athletics Site
- University of Kentucky Official Athletics site, Cobb named first-team All-SEC
- 3rd Round of 2010 NFL Draft at CNN/SI.com
- Corey Peters signs a deal with the Atlantafalcons.com Archived 2010-06-21 at the Wayback Machine.
- Adams, Jay. "Falcons Sign Peters to One-Year Deal". atlantafalcons.com. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- McClure, Vaugh. "DL Corey Peters to join Cardinals". ESPN. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- Urban, Darren (March 11, 2015). "Cardinals Agree To Terms With Mike Iupati, Sean Weatherspoon, Corey Peters". AZCardinals.com.
- Weinfuss, Josh (August 20, 2015). "Corey Peters lost after tearing Achilles in Cardinals practice". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2015-08-23.
- "Corey Peters Stats". ESPN. ESPN Internet Ventures. Retrieved 19 August 2015.