Corey Williams (American football)
Corey Williams with the Packers in 2007.
|Date of birth:||August 17, 1980|
|Place of birth:||Camden, Arkansas|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||320 lb (145 kg)|
|High school:||Camden (AR) Harmony Grove|
|NFL draft:||2004 / Round: 6 / Pick: 179|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2012|
Corey Williams (born August 17, 1980) is an American football defensive tackle who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Green Bay Packers in the sixth round of the 2004 NFL draft. He played college football at Arkansas State.
Williams has also played for the Cleveland Browns.
Green Bay Packers
Williams was originally selected by the Green Bay Packers in the sixth round (179th overall) in the 2004 NFL Draft. In his rookie season, he played in 12 games and finished the season with 24 tackles. He made his NFL debut at the Carolina Panthers on September 13. In the 2005 season he again played in 12 games and finished the season with 34 tackles.
In a November 5, 2006 game versus the Buffalo Bills, Williams turned in the first-ever three-sack game by a Packers defensive tackle. He finished the year with career highs in sacks (7) and tackles (47).
He finished the 2007 season with 51 tackles, a career-high.
- NFL.com. "play by play". Retrieved 2007-11-29.
- Packers.com. "Corey Williams Named Defensive Player Of The Week". Archived from the original on 2007-12-17. Retrieved 2007-11-29.
- Packers.com. "Packers Place Franchise Tag On DT Williams, Release TE Franks". Archived from the original on 2008-02-23. Retrieved 2008-02-20.
- Packers.com. "Packers Trade Williams To Cleveland". Archived from the original on 2008-03-05. Retrieved 2008-03-02.
- "Sources: Lions to acquire Williams", ESPN, March 4, 2010.
Cleveland Browns also took a 6th round pick.