Panorama of Corigliano Calabro
|• Total||196 km2 (76 sq mi)|
|Elevation||210 m (690 ft)|
(31 March 2017)
|• Density||210/km2 (530/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||Saint Francis of Paola|
|Saint day||April 25|
It is situated near the mouth of a river of the same name, and contains an aqueduct. On an eminence overlooking the town is a feudal castle with massive towers and a deep trench.
In 1879, it had a population of about 13,000. It had five churches, six convents, and a few public buildings. Licorice was made on a large scale, and there was a considerable trade in timber, wine, oranges, lemons and olives.
- Gennaro Gattuso, Italian footballer
- Francesco Serra, father of Brazilian politician José Serra
- Costantino Mortati, Italian constitutionalist
- Vincenzo Tieri, journalist, writer, playwright
- Aroldo Tieri, actor, son of the former
- Francesco Pianeta, boxer
- Population data from ISTAT
- Ripley, George; Dana, Charles A., eds. (1879). The American Cyclopædia. .
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Corigliano Calabro.|
|This Calabrian location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|