Corin Nemec at a Gatecon in 2006.
|Born||Joseph Charles Nemec IV
November 5, 1971
Little Rock, Arkansas, U.S.
Corin "Corky" Nemec (born Joseph Charles Nemec IV; November 5, 1971) is an American actor, producer, and screenwriter. Nemec is known for playing the title character on Parker Lewis Can't Lose, Jonas Quinn on Stargate SG-1, and Harold Lauder in the ABC miniseries The Stand.
Nemec's mother was a graphic artist as well as a painter, writer, and poet. His father, Joseph Charles Nemec, works in the film industry as a set designer and production designer. His older sister Anastacia C. Nemec works also as an assistant director. His grandmother, Nancy Reed, nicknamed him "Corky".
He is close friends with actor David Faustino of Married... with Children, with whom he has a production company and is co-starring in Star-ving, a webseries spoofing HBO's Entourage and airing on Crackle. He enjoys reading non-fiction and listening to instrumental East Indian music. He is also a huge fan, and friend, of Austin-based musician Jon Dishon, whom he met in 2001 while attending a SXSW performance where Hollow (featuring Dishon on keyboards) was being showcased. He has two children with his former wife.
Nemec was inspired to become an actor after watching the children's film The Goonies at the age of 13, for which his father had done the art direction. He also cites his parents' artistic professions as a major influence, and that acting "seemed the right thing to do". Nemec began training with the Centre Stage LA theatre company and signed on with an agent after performing in one of their talent showcases. He was booked for several commercials such as Suzuki and eventually landed a guest-spot on the TV show Sidekicks starring Ernie Reyes, Jr., with whom Nemec is still friends today. His first major film role was Tucker: The Man and His Dream in 1988. He appeared in several TV shows, earning an Emmy nomination for his portrayal of Steven Stayner in the television film I Know My First Name Is Steven. He starred alongside legendary actors Jack Palance, Peter Boyle and Charlton Heston in the 1990 feature film Solar Crisis.
Nemec played the lead in the TV series Parker Lewis Can't Lose from 1990 to 1993. Also, in 1993, Nemec was cast as Harold Lauder in a TV adaptation of Stephen King's The Stand. In 1997, he played a notable role in the movie Goodbye, America. He also starred in the TV movies My Brother's Keeper alongside Jeanne Tripplehorn and "Blackout" with Jane Seymour. Nemec has made appearances on several TV shows, including Tales from the Crypt, Smallville, CSI: NY, CSI: Miami, Supernatural, and Ghost Whisperer. He also portrayed the serial killers Richard Speck and Ted Bundy. He played leading parts in some original Sci Fi Channel (United States) made TV-movies as Sea Beast, Mansquito, SS Doomtrooper, and "Dragon Wasps".
During the 1990s, Nemec had a brief foray into hip-hop, recording an entire album with the group Starship of Foolz (one of the members was Shane Mooney, the son of comedian Paul Mooney), developed by Matt Robinson and Dedra Tate, and produced by actor Balthazar Getty. He produced a new comic series starring Paul Mooney (comedian) as the president of the United States. He also appeared in the music video Beer for My Horses by Toby Keith and Willie Nelson.
In January 2013, while working on the film Poseidon Rex, Nemec was involved in a boating accident in which, while being transported to set, the Belizean Coast Guard ran into a semi-submerged barge. His leg was shattered and he required multiple blood transfusions to save his life.
- Webster (1987–1988) as Nicky Papadopolis
- Tucker: The Man and His Dream (1988) as Noble Tucker
- What's Alan Watching? (1989) as Alan Hoffstetter
- I Know My First Name Is Steven (1989) as Steven Gregory Stayner / Dennis Parnell
- Parker Lewis Can't Lose (1990–1993) as Parker Lloyd Lewis
- The Stand (1994) as Harold Lauder
- Drop Zone (1994) as Selkirk
- Operation Dumbo Drop (1995) as Sp5 Lawrence Farley
- NYPD Blue: "Dirty Laundry" (1995-11-21) as Howie
- Mojave Moon (1996) as car thief
- Beverly Hills, 90210 (1997, 3 episodes) as Derrick Driscoll
- Goodbye America (1997) as John Stryzack
- Killer Bud (1999) as Waylon Smythe
- Smallville: "Zero" (2002-03-12) as Jude Royce
- Stargate SG-1 (2002–2004) as Jonas Quinn
- Mansquito (2004) as Thomas Randall
- CSI: NY: "Night, Mother" (2004-12-15) as Todd Camden
- High Hopes (2005) as Tom Murphy
- Raging Sharks (2005 film) as Dr. Mike Olsen
- Three Moons Over Milford: "Wrestlemoonia" (2006-09-10) as Roark
- S.S. Doomtrooper (2006) as Capt. Pete Malloy
- Parzania (2007) as Allan
- NCIS: "Skeletons" (2007-02-27) as Len Grady
- Chicago Massacre: Richard Speck (2007) as Richard Speck
- Bundy: A Legacy of Evil (2008) as Ted Bundy
- RoboDoc (2008) as Dr. Callaby
- Cop Dog (2008) as Clint
- My Apocalypse (2008) as Stewart Savage
- Quality Time (2008)
- Ghost Whisperer (2008) as Masked Man/Paul Eastman
- Sea Beast (2009)
- Star-ving (2009)
- House of Bones (2010) as Quentin French
- Supernatural (2010) as Christian Campbell
- Nuclear Family (2011)
- Sand Sharks (2012) as Jimmy Green
- Jurassic Attack (2013) as Colonel Carter
- NCIS: Los Angeles (2013) as Anwar Amurov
- Robocroc (2013) as Jim Duffy
- Extinction: Patient Zero (2014) as Simmons
- Lake Placid vs. Anaconda (2015) as Will "Tully" Tull
- Eramo, Steven (July 2002). "Corin boo boo – Jonas Quinn". TV Zone (Special 46): 22–26.
- Sumner, Darren (October 2008). "Unsung Hero – GateWorld talks with Corin Nemec". GateWorld. Retrieved 2008-11-13.
- Gibson, Thomasina (June 2003). "Jonas Quinn". Stargate SG-1: The Illustrated Companion Seasons 5 and 6. London: Titan Books. pp. 118–121. ISBN 978-1-84023-606-4.
- unkut.com: Forgotten Beefs Part 6 – MF Doom vs Parker Lewis
- tmz.com: Parker Lewis' Star Boat Crash
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Corin Nemec.|