|Born||Date of birth unknown
Bronx, New York, U.S.
|Instruments||Piano, keyboard, harp, fiddle|
Corina Brouder was born in The Bronx, New York City. As a child, her sister, Christina, spent some time in hospital after a hit and run incident, and Corina and her other siblings started entertaining her recovering sister and the other children in the ward. Eventually the family found themselves in demand to perform at similar venues, and, calling themselves The Spirits of Gilbride, began performing professionally. The group consists of Corina, Christina, Cornelia, Neil and Mary Catherine. Corina and Cornelia do most of the singing and between them the band play keyboards, violin, harp, guitar, drums, tin whistle, bagpipes and accordion. They have performed at the White House, Radio City Music Hall, Disney World, the Trump Plaza, Waldorf Astoria, Lincoln Center, Rideau Hall, Yankee Stadium and at concerts and festivals in other parts of the United States, as well as in Ireland and many parts of Europe. The group released an album, two videos and singles for Universal Music, and sang the title track on the European version of The Little Vampire (2000) soundtrack album.
Brouder was discovered by legendary "007" composer John Barry and sang "To Love and be Loved" on his Swept from the Sea (1997) soundtrack with lyrics by Tim Rice. She started performing more frequently on her own, often accompanying herself on harp or keyboards, and visited Ireland in 2004 to promote her single, "Another Day", which was recorded in New York City with Swedish Producer Johan Brunkvist. The "B" side, "Change", was written by Brouder and remixed by Grammy-winning producer Joe Hogue. It proved very popular on radio in Ireland, and her previous single, "Feel for You", made the charts there.
Brouder auditioned for 2004's Waterford segment of You're a Star - she has strong Irish connections through her maternal grandparents who hail from Leitrim and Cavan, and her father, who is from Athea in County Limerick.
Corina also attended the prestigious Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts.
- (1994) "Sibling Revelry", USA
- (2000) "Gilbride", April 10, Germany, Metronome (Universal)
With The Spirits Of Gilbride:
- (2000) "Shades of Grey", April 10, Germany, Metronome (Universal)
- (2000) "I Can't Help Fallin'", October 2, Germany, Metronome (Universal)
- (2004) "Feel For You", February 27, Brouder
- (2004) "Another Day", December 8, Brouder Music, Ltd
- Cosmopolitan, January 2003, by Allen Salkin
- http://www.fordham.edu/images/Whats_New/magazine/353-03w03Alumni_Notes.pdf, "Renaissance Woman Christina Brouder, ICO ’98", winter 2003, page 25
- Leonard, Geoff; Pete Walker; Gareth Bramley (2008). John Barry - The Man With The Midas Touch. Bristol, England: Redcliffe Press. p. 158. ISBN 978-1-904537-77-9.
- Longford Leader, November 21, 2003