|Mayor of Zurich|
|Assumed office |
1 May 2009
|Preceded by||Elmar Ledergerber|
|Born||28 May 1960|
Iowa City, Iowa, United States
|Political party||Social Democratic Party of Switzerland (SP)|
|Alma mater||ETH Zurich, IDHEAP|
Corine Mauch (born 28 May 1960 in Iowa City) is a Swiss Social Democrat politician who serves as mayor of Zurich. She is the first female and first openly gay person to be elected mayor of the city.
Mauch was elected mayor in March 2009, after ten years on the city council. In the first round of balloting, she finished in second place, barely 1,300 votes behind Kathrin Martelli, the candidate of the Free Democratic Party. In the second round, she received 41,745 votes, beating Martelli by 58 percent to 42. In the March 2018 elections, Mauch received 63,139 votes, and she was re-elected as mayor of Zürich until her terms ends in 2022.
Mauch is the daughter of Ursula Mauch, who led the Social Democratic Party in the federal parliament. She grew up in the canton of Aargau before attending ETH Zurich, where she studied agricultural economics, and the Swiss Graduate School of Public Administration (IDHEAP). She began the procedure to renounce her United States citizenship in 2012; her office confirmed media reports of the renunciation in April 2013.
- Wilkinson, Sophie (30 March 2009). "Zurich elects lesbian mayor". Pink News. Archived from the original on 4 August 2011. Retrieved 29 September 2011.
- "Zurich elects first female mayor". Swissinfo. 2009-03-29. Retrieved 2013-04-18.
- Suter, Daniel (2009-03-30). "Corine Mauch ist die Siegerin in allen Wahlkreisen". Tages-Anzeiger (in German). p. 11.
- Scharrer, Matthias (2018-03-05). "Linksrutsch im rot-grünen Zürich: Drei Faktoren spielten eine entscheidende Rolle". Limmattaler Zeitung (in German). Retrieved 2018-03-06.
- Temperli, Silvio (2013-04-18). "Corine Mauch hat den US-Pass zurückgegeben". Tages-Anzeiger. Retrieved 2013-04-18.
- "Zurich mayor sheds US passport". Geneva Lunch. 18 April 2013. Archived from the original on 20 April 2013. Retrieved 2013-04-18.
- Broom, Giles (2013-04-18). "Zurich Mayor Renounces U.S. Citizenship Amid Tighter Tax Rules". Bloomberg News. Retrieved 2013-04-18.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Corine Mauch.|
- (in German) Corine Mauch's website