Rottschäfer in 1959
|Born||8 May 1938|
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Miss Europe 1957|
Miss Netherland Universe 1958
Miss Universe 1958
Miss World 1959
Corine Spier-Rottschäfer (born 8 May 1938) in Hoorn, Netherlands is a model and beauty queen who won the 1959 Miss World contest, representing the Netherlands. She was the first woman from her country to win the title. The pageant was held in London, United Kingdom.
Prior to winning the Miss World title, Rottschäfer also won Miss Europe in the year 1957. She also participated in Miss Universe pageant in the year 1958, where she reached top 15 and won the Miss Photogenic award.
At the Miss World 1959 pageant, few hours before the announcement of the winner; Corine discovered holes in her evening dress. Miss Israel, Ziva Shomrat was kind enough to lend her an evening dress and it so happened that Corine was adjudged the winner and Miss Israel finished third in the competition.
- "Miss World 1959 – Corine Rottschafer – Netherlands". Archived from the original on 24 March 2010. Retrieved 24 March 2010.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link). missworld.com
- (in Dutch) Lansdaal, Herman. Hoornse baby zou mooiste miss van de wereld worden Oud Hoorn nr. 14 1992
- "Miss Worlds of the 50s and where they are now". The Times of India. 31 July 2015.
- "Bodine Koehler: segura de sí misma". Elnuevodia.com. 19 November 2011.
- Media related to Corine Rottschäfer at Wikimedia Commons
|Awards and achievements|
| Miss Holland
|This biography article about a European contestant in a beauty pageant is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a person from the Netherlands is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|