Cork City North-West (Dáil Éireann constituency)
|Cork City North-West|
|Former Dáil Éireann
|County/City council||County Cork|
Cork City North-West was a parliamentary constituency represented in Dáil Éireann, the lower house of the Irish parliament or Oireachtas from 1969 to 1977. The constituency elected 3 deputies (Teachtaí Dála, commonly known as TDs) to the Dáil, using the single transferable vote form of proportional representation (PR-STV).
The constituency was created under the Electoral (Amendment) Act 1969 for the 1969 general election to Dáil Éireann. The old Cork Borough constituency was divided into the new constituencies of Cork City North-West and Cork City South-East. It was abolished under the Electoral (Amendment) Act 1974, when the Cork City North-West and Cork City South-East constituencies were replaced by the new constituency of Cork City.
|Teachtaí Dála (TDs) for Cork City North-West 1969–1977|
|21st||1977||Constituency abolished. See Cork City|
Note: The columns in this table are used only for presentational purposes, and no significance should be attached to the order of columns. For details of the order in which seats were won at each election, see the detailed results of that election.
1973 general election
|1973 general election: Cork City North-West|
|Fianna Fáil||Jack Lynch||12,427||45.9||1||1|
|Fianna Fáil||Seán French||2,691||10.0||2|
|Fine Gael||Liam Burke||4,624||17.1||3|
|Labour Party||Patrick Kerrigan||2,425||9.0|
|Fine Gael||Vincent O'Connell||1,916||7.1|
|Electorate: ? Valid: 27,051 Quota: 6,763 Turnout:|
1969 general election
|1969 general election: Cork City North-West|
|Fianna Fáil||Jack Lynch||11,227||43.8||1||1|
|Fianna Fáil||Seán French||2,046||8.0||2|
|Fine Gael||Liam Burke||3,312||12.9||3|
|Labour Party||Patrick Kerrigan||2,754||10.7|
|Fine Gael||Vincent O'Connell||2,241||8.7|
|Labour Party||Thomas Leahy||1,001||3.9|
|Electorate: ? Valid: 25,644 Quota: 6,412 Turnout:|
- Parliamentary constituencies in the Republic of Ireland
- Politics of the Republic of Ireland
- List of historic Dáil Éireann constituencies
- Elections in the Republic of Ireland
- "Electoral (Amendment) Act, 1969: Schedule (Constituencies)". Irish Statute Book database. Retrieved 28 February 2009.
- Walker, Brian M, ed. (1992). Parliamentary election results in Ireland, 1918–92. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy. ISBN 0-901714-96-8. ISSN 0332-0286.
- "General election 1969: Cork City North–West". ElectionsIreland.org. Retrieved 28 February 2009.
- "General election 1973: Cork City North–West". ElectionsIreland.org. Retrieved 28 February 2009.