Cormant Township, Beltrami County, Minnesota
|Cormant Township, Minnesota|
|• Total||36.4 sq mi (94.4 km2)|
|• Land||36.4 sq mi (94.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,263 ft (385 m)|
|• Density||5.7/sq mi (2.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0663872|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 36.4 square miles (94 km2), all of it land.
- Inez at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Woodrow Township (north)
- Kelliher Township (northeast)
- Shooks Township (east)
- Hornet Township (southeast)
- Langor Township (south)
- O'Brien Township (southwest)
- Quiring Township (west)
- Battle Township (northwest)
The township contains these three cemeteries: Capernaum, Cormant Township, and Pine Ridge.
As of the census of 2000, there were 207 people, 72 households, and 55 families residing in the township. The population density was 5.7 people per square mile (2.2/km²). There were 101 housing units at an average density of 2.8/sq mi (1.1/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 99.03% White and 0.97% Native American.
There were 72 households out of which 37.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 66.7% were married couples living together, 4.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 23.6% were non-families. 22.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.88 and the average family size was 3.33.
In the township the population was spread out with 34.3% under the age of 18, 6.3% from 18 to 24, 20.8% from 25 to 44, 25.6% from 45 to 64, and 13.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 females there were 107.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 100.0 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $25,625, and the median income for a family was $29,500. Males had a median income of $17,321 versus $27,917 for females. The per capita income for the township was $10,537. About 24.2% of families and 29.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 36.4% of those under the age of eighteen and 20.0% of those sixty five or over.
- United States National Atlas
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- United States Census Bureau American FactFinder - Cormant Township total population
- Upham, Warren (1920). Minnesota Geographic Names: Their Origin and Historic Significance. Minnesota Historical Society. p. 37.