Corn Island (film)
|Directed by||Giorgi Ovashvili|
|Produced by||Guillaume de Seille, Nino Devdariani, Sain Gabdullin, Eike Goreczka, Christoph Kukula, George Ovashvili, Karla Stojáková|
|Written by||Giorgi Ovashvili, Roelof Jan Minneboo, Nugzar Shataidze|
|Music by||Ioseb Bardanashvili|
|Edited by||Sun-min Kim|
Spring flooding forms a small island with rich soil in the middle of a river, new land without an owner. An old man, assisted by his orphaned teenage granddaughter, takes possession of the island, builds a simple hut, and plants corn. They are ethnic Abkhaz and exchange nods with passing Georgian soldiers. The old man shelters a wounded soldier who takes refuge on the island and protects him from his pursuers for a time. At the end of the summer, flooding destroys the island.
Releases, awards and nominations
- List of submissions to the 87th Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Georgian submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- Release info on IMDb
- "Karlovy Vary: Georgian Film 'Corn Island' Nabs Top Prize". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 5 September 2014.
- "Oscars: Georgia Nominates 'Corn Island' in Foreign-Language Category". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 5 September 2014.
- "9 Foreign Language Films Advance in Oscar Race". AMPAS. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
|This article related to a Georgian film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 2010s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|