Cornelia Pompeia Magna (born 47/35 BC, year of death unknown) was the daughter and youngest child to Pompeia Magna and suffect consul Lucius Cornelius Cinna. Cornelia’s maternal grandparents were triumvir Pompey and his third wife Mucia Tertia, while her paternal grandfather was an elder Lucius Cornelius Cinna. Her full brother was Gnaeus Cornelius Cinna Magnus; a half-sibling from her mother’s first marriage to senator Faustus Cornelius Sulla. Her mother died before 35 BC and was raised by her father.
Before 16, Cornelia married Lucius Scribonius Libo consul of 16 and like her came from a senatorial family. This nobleman was perhaps a distant relative to Cornelia. Libo maybe was a descendant of her mother’s first marriage; his paternal grandmother possibly was Cornelia’s elder half-sister. The Roman Emperor Tiberius, who charged Libo in planning a revolt against the emperor, stabbed Libo to death in 16.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20060512083141/http://www.ancientlibrary.com/smith-bio/0763.html. Archived from the original on 2006-05-12. Missing or empty
- https://web.archive.org/web/20080604172328/http://www.ancientlibrary.com/smith-bio/0764.html. Archived from the original on 2008-06-04. Missing or empty
- https://web.archive.org/web/20071007063958/http://www.ancientlibrary.com/smith-bio/2806.html. Archived from the original on 2007-10-07. Missing or empty
- https://web.archive.org/web/20101202052050/http://www.ancientlibrary.com/smith-bio/2808.html. Archived from the original on 2010-12-02. Missing or empty
- [http://publie.pagesperso-orange.fr/pison/pompee.htm "Descendants Pomp�e"]. publie.pagesperso-orange.fr (in French). replacement character in
|title=at position 17 (help)
|This ancient Roman biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|