Cornelius Johnson (American football)
|No. 61, 76|
|Date of birth:||June 12, 1943|
|Place of birth:||Richmond, Virginia|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||245 lb (111 kg)|
|High school:||Richmond (VA)|
|NFL draft:||1967 / Round: 8 / Pick: 204|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
Cornelius Otis Johnson (born July 12, 1943) is a former American football offensive guard who played six seasons with the Baltimore Colts of the National Football League. He was drafted by the Baltimore Colts in the eighth round of the 1967 NFL Draft. He played college football at Virginia Union University and attended Richmond High School in Richmond, Virginia. He was a member of the Baltimore Colts team that won Super Bowl V. He was also a member of the Harrisburg Capitols and The Hawaiians.
Baltimore Colts/Harrisburg Capitols
Johnson was selected by the Baltimore Colts with the 204th pick in the 1967 NFL Draft. He played in 74 games, starting seven, for the Colts from 1967 to 1973. He also played for the Harrisburg Capitols of the Atlantic Coast Football League in 1967. The Capitols served as Baltimore's farm club. The Colts won Super Bowl V against the Dallas Cowboys on January 17, 1971.
Johnson wears a prosthetic leg after being told, upon examination of a leg injury, that he had to have his lower right leg amputated due to complications from diabetes and MRSA. He is also blind in his right eye and partially blind in his left due to a stroke. He and his wife previously owned a helicopter business in Hawaii. Johnson has served as a mentor to student athletes in Prescott, Arizona ever since he arrived in the area during the late 1990s.
- "CORNELIUS JOHNSON". profootballarchives.com. Retrieved July 30, 2015.
- Stockmar, Steve (June 23, 2013). "The wise eyes of Cornelius Johnson have mentored Prescott student athletes for many years". The Daily Courier. Retrieved June 13, 2014.
- "Cornelius Johnson". pro-football-reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved August 11, 2015.
- "1967 Harrisburg Capitols". profootballarchives.com. Retrieved July 30, 2015.
- "NELSON, ANDY". tshf.net. Archived from the original on August 12, 2015. Retrieved August 11, 2015.
- "ONE DEFINITION OF "MINOR LEAGUE" FOOTBALL, PART TWO". helmethut.com. Retrieved August 11, 2015.
|archive-url=is malformed: timestamp (help)
- "SUPER BOWL V". pro-football-reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved August 11, 2015.
- "Cornelius Johnson". nasljerseys.com. Archived from the original on August 11, 2015. Retrieved August 11, 2015.