|Born||Gerlind Cornell Borchers
16 March 1925
|Died||12 May 2014
|Spouse(s)||Bruce Cunningham (?-?)
Anton Schelkopf (?-?) (divorced) at least 1 child
|Children||Julia Schelkopf (b. 1962)|
Gerlind Cornell Borchers (16 March 1925 – 12 May 2014) was a German actress and singer, active in the late 1940s and 1950s, who starred along with Errol Flynn and Nat King Cole in the film Istanbul (1957).
Borchers was born in Šilutė (German: Heydekrug), Klaipėda Region (German: Memelland), Lithuania in a German either Prussian Lithuanian or Memellander family. She appeared on the cover of East German magazine Neue Film Welt of 1949, Volume 3, Issue 4. She won a BAFTA Film Award in the category of Best Foreign Actress in 1955 for the movie The Divided Heart of 1954. She retired from acting to raise her child.
She was married twice, first to Bruce Cunningham and then to Dr. Anton Schelkopf (aka Dr. Toni Schelkopf, Toni Schelkopf or Schelkopf Toni), a Psychologist Doctor and Film Producer whom she first met when she starred in his films Schule für Eheglück (1954) and Rot ist die Liebe (1957), by whom she had one daughter, Julia Schelkopf, born in Munich, on 15 September 1962. The couple divorced later. She afterwards lived in Bavaria, Germany and died there in 2014.
- Martina (1949) .... Irene
- Anonyme Briefe (1949) .... Cornelia
- Die Lüge (1950) .... Ellen, seine Tochter
- The Big Lift (1950) .... Frederica Burkhardt (also performer: "Vielleicht" and "In einem kleinen Café in Hernals")
- 0 Uhr 15, Zimmer 9 (1950) ....
- Absender unbekannt (1950) .... Dr. Elisabeth Markert
- Dark Eyes (Schwarze Augen) (1951) .... Helene Samboni
- Das Ewige Spiel (1951) .... Marie Donatus
- Unvergängliches Licht (1951) .... Michèle Printemps
- Die Tödlichen Träume (1951) .... Angelika/Inez/Lisette/Maria
- Haus des Lebens (1952) .... Dr. Elisabeth Keller
- Abenteuer in Wien (1952) .... Karin Manelli
- The Divided Heart (1954) .... Inga
- Maxie (1954) .... Nora, seine Frau
- Schule für Eheglück (1954) .... Regine
- Oasis (1955) .... Karine Salstroem
- The Dark Wave (1956) .... Herself
- Never Say Goodbye (1956) .... Lisa Gosting (also performer: "For the First Time")
- Rot ist die Liebe (1957) .... Rosemarie
- Istanbul (1957) .... Stephanie Bauer/Karen Fielding
- Flood Tide (1958) .... Anne Gordon
- Arzt ohne Gewissen (1959) .... Harriet Owen
- "Gerlind Cornell Borchers–Schelkopf". trauer.sueddeutsche.de.