This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2014)
|Founded||1991in Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Parent||Rohan Group of Companies|
Corner Bakery Cafe (CBC Restaurant Corporation) is an American chain of cafes that specialize in pastries, breads, breakfast dishes, gourmet sandwiches, homemade soups, salads, and pasta. Corner Bakery Cafe is considered to be a part of the fast casual market segment of the food service industry, offering a somewhat higher quality of food and atmosphere than a typical fast food restaurant, and offering limited table service.
Corner Bakery Cafe was founded by Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises, a Chicago-based restaurant group. It was sold to Brinker International, and then in 2005 to Il Fornaio (America) Corporation. Roark Capital Group bought Il Fornaio in 2011. In 2020, the Corner Bakery Cafe was purchased by Pandya Restaurant Growth Brands, LLC, a subsidiary of the Rohan Group of Companies. Mike Hislop is[when?] the chairman of the board. Mike came on as COO after the sale to CBC Restaurant Corporation.
Jim Vinz, the previous president & COO, had been with the company in various capacities since 1995, and was promoted to COO in 2005 and president in 2006.
The cafe has 192 locations nationwide, with large numbers in California, Texas, Pennsylvania and Illinois.
- Reams, Joey (May 10, 2022). "Corner Bakery Cafe Opening New Location in Wheaton Mid-June | What Now Chicago". whatnowchicago.com/. Retrieved 2022-10-06.
- "Atlanta's Roark Capital buys Il Fornaio parent firm". San Francisco Chronicle. 2011-06-14.
- "Pandya purchases Corner Bakery Cafe | 2020-10-30 | Food Business News". www.foodbusinessnews.net. Retrieved 2022-10-06.
- "Jim Vinz Named Corner Bakery Cafe President". QSR magazine. Retrieved 2022-10-06.
- "About Us". Corner Bakery Cafe. Retrieved 2017-11-17.