From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Approaching Cornettsville from the west
|Elevation||495 ft (151 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||432986|
Cornettsville was laid out in 1875. It was named for one of its founders, Samuel Cornett. A post office was established at Cornettsville in 1878, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1902.
Cornettsville is located at.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Cornettsville, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-10.
- History of Knox and Daviess County, Indiana: From the Earliest Time to the Present. Goodspeed. 1886. p. 706.
- Gannett, Henry (1905). The Origin of Certain Place Names in the United States. Govt. Print. Off. p. 92.
- "Daviess County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 31 August 2014.
|This Daviess County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|