Corning Municipal Airport (Arkansas)
Corning Municipal Airport
|Owner||City of Corning|
|Elevation AMSL||293 ft / 89 m|
Corning Municipal Airport (FAA LID: 4M9) is a city-owned, public-use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) west of the central business district of Corning, a city in Clay County, Arkansas, United States. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Corning Municipal Airport covers an area of 135 acres (55 ha) at an elevation of 293 feet (89 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 18/36 with an asphalt surface measuring 4,299 by 60 feet (1,310 x 18 m).
For the 12-month period ending August 31, 2011, the airport had 33,200 aircraft operations, an average of 90 per day: 99% general aviation and 1% military. At that time there were 12 aircraft based at this airport: 83% single-engine and 17% multi-engine.
- FAA Airport Master Record for 4M9 ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
"2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF, 2.03 MB) on 2012-09-27. External link in
- Corning Municipal (4M9) at Arkansas Department of Aeronautics
- Aerial image as of February 2001 from USGS The National Map
- Airfield photos from U.S. Civil Air Patrol at the Wayback Machine (archived September 23, 2006)
- FAA Terminal Procedures for 4M9, effective May 23, 2019
- Resources for this airport: