Cornish Pasty Association
The Cornish Pasty Association is a British trade association, based in Cornwall, England, United Kingdom. As of 2013[update] the association included about 50 independent bakers of Cornish pasties. The association successfully sought to have the name "Cornish Pasty" protected as one of the Protected geographical indications. Despite the resolution of the 2012 "Pasty tax" matter, the BBC has reported that some Cornish Pasty Association members are still unsure whether Value Added Tax applies to their baked goods.
The association sponsors the World Pasty Championships, an annual event held at the Eden Project. The World Pasty Championships have been held since 2012, an international competition to find the best Cornish pasties and other pasty-type savoury snacks. The town of Real del Monte in Mexico is home of the International Pasty Festival. In November 2011 Real del Monte opened the first Cornish Pasty Museum in the world, organised by the town's Cornish Culture Council. Before the museum was opened a group from the Regulatory Council for the Cornish Heritage of Real del Monte visited Cornwall on a week-long fact finding mission and met with the Cornish Pasty Association.
- "The Aims of the Cornish Pasty Association". Cornish Pasty Association. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- Poirier, Agnès (24 February 2011). "Putting the Cornish back into pasties". The Guardian. Guardian Media Group. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "'Pasty tax' confusion for Cornish businesses over 20% VAT". BBC News. British Broadcasting Corporation. 14 May 2013. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- World Pasty Championships, Eden Project, retrieved 2016-08-13
- "World Pasty Championships winners chosen", BBC News, 4 March 2012, retrieved 2016-08-13
- Neil Shaw (5 March 2016), "Pictures as World Pasty Championships are held at Eden Project on St Piran's Day 2016", The Herald (Plymouth), retrieved 2016-08-13
- David Millward (14 November 2011), "World's first Cornish pasty museum opens in Mexico", The Daily Telegraph, retrieved 2016-08-11
- Mexican Pasty Makers Get Tips From Cornwall, Cornish Pasty Association, 11 November 2011, retrieved 2016-08-11
|This article about an organisation based in Cornwall is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|