Cornwallis Island (South Shetland Islands)
A map of the South Shetland Islands, Cornwallis is upper right
Location of Cornwallis Island
|Archipelago||South Shetland Islands|
|Length||1.0 mi (1.6 km)|
|Administered under the Antarctic Treaty System|
Cornwallis Island is an island 1 mile (1.6 km) long, which lies 5 miles (8 km) northeast of the east end of Elephant Island, in the South Shetland Islands. The name Cornwallis Island dates back to about 1821 and is now established in international usage.
- Composite Antarctic Gazetteer
- List of Antarctic islands south of 60° S
- Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research
- Territorial claims in Antarctica
- This article incorporates public domain material from the United States Geological Survey document "Cornwallis Island" (content from the Geographic Names Information System).